Museum of Contemporary Art
The Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA) is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the institution’s Director and manage the Director’s Office in a highly creative and fast-paced environment. The Executive Assistant is responsible for the overall effectiveness and professionalism of the Director’s Office in relation to all areas across the institution, as well as for providing direct support to the Director. Primary responsibilities include prioritizing the Director’s time and initiatives, managing and handling day-to-day operations and communications, and overseeing and executing projects. The Executive Assistant reports to the Director and works in close collaboration with the other Executive Assistant in the Director’s Office as well as the Chief of Staff to the Director and senior management of the museum.
- Must have live-time dictation skills and wpm 90 and above.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in progressively responsible administrative roles, preferably in arts, cultural, or other non-profit organizations.
- Exceptional judgment, professionalism, and discretion in handling confidential and sensitive situations and matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proactive problem-solver and self-starter with demonstrated ability to actively prioritize and manage time, juggle multiple duties and tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Track record of providing exemplary and effective support at the executive level, with professional focus on and commitment to administrative excellence.
- Ability to maintain a highly professional, positive and flexible demeanor with rapid and shifting priorities.
- Proven organizational ability, accuracy, analytical skills, and high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of German or Chinese language desirable.
- Experience managing and supervising support staff and/or interns, and working productively and collaboratively with senior management staff.
- Tech savvy with strong computer skills, including a high degree of knowledge and proficiency in Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and social media platforms.
- Accessibility and availability to work, as needed, outside of normal business hours in response to urgent and international schedules, and availability to frequently participate in evening and weekend museum programs and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, arts administration, or related field.
- Managing, prioritizing, and tracking the Director’s mail and email.
- Typing, note taking, and creating follow up action items from various meetings.
- Tracking, planning, and coordinating the Director’s calendar and meetings.
- Assisting and supporting the Director during museum events.
- Planning, booking, and coordinating all domestic and international travel for the Director.
- Submitting monthly expense reports and assisting in developing and tracking the department’s budget.
- Liaising with trustees, prospects, supporters, artists, government officials, celebrities, gallerists, curators, and press contacts on behalf of the Director’s Office.
- Facilitating cross-departmental coordination of the Director’s projects and initiatives.
- Conducting research for artists and artist dossiers, and supporting the preparation of presentations and proposals, as needed.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height; stand and walk for long periods of time. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment required. Heavy usage of computers and phones required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].