Job Title: Executive Assistant/Office Manager (Hourly, Non-Exempt)
Reports to: Producing Artistic Director and Chief Financial & Administrative Officer
About the Company: Pasadena Playhouse is one of the top regional theaters in the country and the State Theater of California. Under the leadership of Producing Artistic Director Danny Feldman, it presents a full season of artistically innovative productions and engaging educational outreach activities to nearly 150,000 Southern California residents annually in two spaces: the 643-seat mainstage theater and the 99-seat flexible Carrie Hamilton Theater. By focusing on the creation of great productions, the expansion of educational and outreach programs, the development of new plays, and the creation of innovative programs to build community, The Playhouse is well positioned to boldly lead for continued growth and leadership.
About The Position: Pasadena Playhouse is looking for an exceptional individual to work closely with, and support, the Producing Artistic Director. The Executive Assistant/Office Manager should ensure that all administrative tasks and projects are completed with a high degree of efficiency, confidentiality, and positivity.
The Playhouse is seeking someone who is a critical thinker and who plans and prioritizes the most effective and efficient path towards success. The ideal candidate must have strong initiative, great problem-solving capabilities, excellent communication skills, and a can-do attitude. The company is growing and changing, so flexibility in job duties, description and expectations is a must!
● Complex calendar management and scheduling.
● Meeting management including preparing agendas, taking notes, and distributing action items.
● Communicating on behalf of the Producing Artistic Director both internally and externally.
● Inbox management for various accounts.
● Varying administrative tasks including, but not limited to, booking appointments, research projects, coordinating travel, and purchasing gifts.
● Light project management.
● Coordinate internal staff events/parties and contribute to the workplace culture initiatives.
● Serve as administrative assistant in Board meetings; take meeting minutes and coordinate distribution of meeting materials.
● Answer calls from main administrative line.
● Print stamps and send outbound mail.
● Greet visitors and sign for deliveries.
● Maintain office machines and schedule repairs when needed.
● Order supplies to ensure office supply cabinet and kitchen are always stocked.
● Responsible for appearance of office and kitchen.
● Update and maintain internal contact sheet.
● Order supplies for custodial staff.
● Assist all departments with Opening Night needs.
● Purchase and maintain supply of “staffle” prizes.
● Other duties as assigned to support the needs of the Producing Artistic Director and the organization.
● Ability to work nights and weekends required.
● Excellent communicator in both written and oral form and tracking information across multiple channels.
● Prior experience as Executive Assistant or Personal Assistant.
● Experience in basic office technology administration and maintenance.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs.
● High level of diplomacy
● Proactive problem-solving capabilities
● Collaborative working style
Working Conditions: There are no major sources of discomfort, and the Playhouse is a standard office environment with regular exposure to video terminal displays. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Perform other duties as assigned. Employees are occasionally required to lift or move up to 15 pounds.
Compensation: Compensation is $22.00 per hour (Hourly, Non-Exempt). Benefits package includes medical, dental, life insurance coverage, PTO and a 403(b) plan. Start date is immediate.
How To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume in one PDF to [email protected] with the subject line “Executive Assistant/Office Manager” by 6/17/2022. No phone calls please.
We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn, grow and thrive with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative, transparent workplace where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
The Pasadena Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.