Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
Beverly Hills, CA
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT TO THE MANAGING DIRECTOR
The Executive Assistant to the Managing Director provides critical executive support to the Managing Director of The Wallis. The Executive Assistant acts as a gateway to the Managing Director to effectively organize and allocate time, and provides a wide range of administrative support, including answering and screening calls, scheduling meetings, and preparing reports and correspondence. The Executive Assistant is also the primary point of contact for the Managing Director with The Wallis Board of Directors and handles all logistics for Board meetings and select Committee meetings including scheduling, taking minutes, agenda development, communications, and adherence to the Bylaws. This position reports directly to the Managing Director and is a member of the General Administration team.
- At least 3-5 years of experience as an executive assistant or in a comparable position.
- Passion for and/or a background in the arts, and a dedication to the mission of The Wallis are preferred.
- Should have experience working with non-profit organizations and non-profit Boards of Directors. Should also have experience facilitating, taking, and producing Board and Committee minutes.
- Extraordinarily attentive to detail, exceptional organizational skills, ability to juggle numerous tasks simultaneously, and maintain a high level of discretion are also required.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate the needs of others is required.
- Should be able to work in a fast-paced environment with many competing needs.
- Should possess strong communicative and writing skills.
- Should be proactive, flexible, professional, respectful, and collegial towards all of The Wallis’ stakeholders, including the Board of Directors, management, staff, patrons, attendees, vendors and other external Wallis associates.
- Expertise in all facets of Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Assists the Managing Director with day-to-day operations and administrative tasks, phone and/or correspondence, and calendaring needs.
- Liaises with all administrative departments and staff on behalf of the Managing Director.
- Assists The Wallis staff and Board of Directors in ensuring the compliance with The Wallis’ Bylaws. Collect and facilitate legal documentation needed for The Wallis to stay in compliance.
- Helps to facilitate strong communication with the City of Beverly Hills on behalf of the Managing Director and ensures that all issues or concerns are addressed quickly. Works with the Managing Director and other Wallis staff to maintain a good relationship with the City of Beverly Hills .
- Coordinates senior leadership staff meetings, directors meetings, retreats and other staff activities as needed for the Managing Director.
- Drafts, reviews and edits reports, letters, papers and various correspondence and analysis as required by the Managing Director.
- Ensures that the Managing Director’s credit card is rectified monthly and all expense reimbursements are processed in a timely manner.
- Oversees and purchases the day-to-day office supplies for the organization.
- With the Managing Director, prepares documents, invitations, materials, and agendas for Board Meetings and select Committee Meetings.
- Coordinates and attends all Board and select Committee Meetings as appropriate. Takes minutes, facilitates correspondence among members of each committee, and follows up with Board members or Committee members as needed.
- Facilitates communication between Board Members and departments where applicable
- Coordinates Board retreats and other Board activities as directed by the Managing Director.
- Facilitates onboarding of new Board members as directed by the Managing Director;
- Manages correspondence and communications with the Board on behalf of the Managing Director.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].