The Museum of Contemporary Art
Los Angeles, CA
The responsibilities of the Executive Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer/Chief Operating Officer (CFO/COO) including but not limit to supporting to the CFO/COO by drafting correspondence, screening calls and visitors, coordinating travel arrangements, maintaining daily schedule and calendar, sorting and screening mail, organizing files and databases, responding to inquiries, meeting and presentation preparation, and serving as liaison to other museum departments personnel. In addition, this position will also assist the HR Manager with clerical HR tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (Business or Communications Degree a plus).
- 3-5 years of experience supporting high-level executives and external constituent.
- Ability to manage various, challenging tasks while maintaining a big-picture mentality.
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated success in a multi-task environment with attention to detail, follow through and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively and work efficiently with people at all levels of the organization.
- Top writing and communication skills.
- Safeguards confidentiality by exercising discretion in communicating information to museum staff and in handling Finance/HR records, files, and similar confidential items.
- Conducts research, compiles data and prepares all Board and Committee meeting materials.
- Sets meeting dates for Board Committee meetings by working with Executive staff and Committee Chair(s). Other responsibilities for committee meetings include: preparing and sending email invitations, tracking RSVPs, reserving a room, setting up conference call line, sending out advanced materials, printing agenda and materials for the meetings, and working out logistics for the meetings with the Operations and Events Manager.
- Assists the CFO/COO with the planning and organizing of employee events as needed.
- Organizes and coordinates the planning and scheduling, confirms meetings for the CFO/COO.
- Prepares and edits correspondences, reports, proposals and presentations.
- Assists the CFO/COO with the creation of reports and communications both for internal and external audiences. Ensuring accuracy, excellence, and professionalism in communication and presentation.
- Manages incoming calls and mail.
- Executes monthly expense reimbursements and credit card statements for the CFO/COO.
- Facilitates efficient and cost-effective business travel for the CFO/COO by making travel arrangements and preparing associated expense reports as needed.
- Completes special projects and other administrative tasks for the CFO/COO as needed.
- Contributes to the overall success of the museum by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Works as back up for Executive Assistant to other chief executives when other Executive Assistants are out of the office.
- Filing, organizing and sorting files for the HR cabinets.
- Assists the HR Manager for data entry, scheduling, and other related basic HR tasks.
- Helps maintain museum organization charts and the employee directory.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Assists the Operations and Events Manager with the planning and organizing of employee events as needed.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment required. Heavy usage of computers and phones required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter to [email protected].