Los Angeles, CA
Department: Administration Department
Supervised By: Executive Director & CEO
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The mission of the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts (aka “The Wallis”) is to create, present, and celebrate unique performing arts events and educational programs that reflect the rich cultural diversity of our community.
The Executive Assistant to the Executive Director & CEO provides critical executive-level support to the Executive Director & CEO of The Wallis. The Executive Assistant acts as a gateway to the Executive Director & CEO, effectively organizing and allocating time, and providing a wide range of administrative support, including answering and screening calls, scheduling meetings, and preparing reports and critical correspondence. The Executive Assistant is also the primary point of contact for the Executive Director & CEO with The Wallis Board of Directors, handling all logistics for Board meetings and select Committee meetings including scheduling, taking minutes, agenda development, communications, and adherence to the Bylaws. This position reports directly to the Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer and is a member of the General Administration team.
- 3-5 years of experience as an executive assistant or in a comparable position.
- Passion for and/or a background in the arts, and a dedication to the mission of The Wallis strongly preferred.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations and non-profit Boards of Directors; experience facilitating, taking, and producing Board and Committee minutes.
- Extraordinarily attentive to detail, exceptional organizational skills, ability to juggle numerous tasks simultaneously, and maintain a high level of discretion are also required.
- Ability to plan ahead and anticipate needs is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many competing needs.
- Possess strong communication and writing skills.
- Proactive, flexible, professional, respectful, and collegial towards all of The Wallis’ stakeholders, including the Board of Directors, management, staff, patrons, attendees, vendors and other external Wallis associates; Able to maintain calm under pressure.
- Expertise in all facets of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required.
- Assists Executive Director & CEO with day-to-day operations and administrative tasks, phone and/or email correspondence, calendaring needs, and invoice processing.
- Liaises with all administrative departments and staff on behalf of the Executive Director & CEO.
- Assists The Wallis staff and Board of Directors in ensuring the compliance with The Wallis’ Bylaws. Collect and facilitates legal documentation needed for The Wallis to stay in compliance.
- Helps facilitate strong communication with the City of Beverly Hills on behalf of the Executive Director & CEO and ensures that all issues or concerns are addressed quickly. Works with the Executive Director & CEO and other Wallis staff to maintain a good relationship with the City of Beverly Hills.
- Coordinates senior leadership staff meetings, directors meetings, retreats and other staff activities as needed for the Executive Director & CEO.
- Drafts, reviews and edits reports, letters, papers and various correspondence and analysis as required by the Executive Director & CEO.
- Corresponds with insurance and legal personnel as needed; maintains a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ensures that the Executive Director & CEO’s credit card and expense reimbursements are reconciled in a timely manner.
- Oversees and purchases the day-to-day office supplies for the organization.
- Assists in organizing institutional, donor and Board-related events as needed for the Executive Director & CEO.
- With the Executive Director & CEO, prepares documents, invitations, materials, and agendas for Board Meetings and select Committee Meetings.
- Coordinates and attends all Board and select Committee Meetings as appropriate. Takes minutes, facilitates correspondence among members of each Committee, and follows up with Board members or Committee members as needed.
- Facilitates communication between Board Members and departments where applicable
- Coordinates Board retreats and other Board activities as directed by the Executive Director & CEO
- Facilitates onboarding of new Board members as directed by the Executive Director & CEO.
- Manages correspondence and communications with the Board on behalf of the Executive Director & CEO.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions: How have the arts positively impacted your life? Why do you want to work in the performing arts?
Please put “Executive Assistant Application” in the subject line.
All interested applicants should send their resumes and cover letters to [email protected].