Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: Executive Assistant to the Managing Director
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Managing Director
DIRECT REPORTS INCLUDE: N/A
WORK SCHEDULE: (Full time/Part time) Full-Time, Benefits Eligible
COMPENSATION: (Hourly/Salary) Commensurate with experience
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We entertain. We create. We engage. We inspire. As one of the nation’s most influential nonprofit theatre companies, Center Theatre Group provides the broadest range of theatrical entertainment in the country at the Ahmanson Theatre, Mark Taper Forum, and Kirk Douglas Theatre. Whether it’s producing new work through our robust artistic development programs or engaging people of all ages across Los Angeles through our community and education programs, we put theatre at the center of it all.
The 180+ full- and part-time staff members who make all this possible are passionate about this place and their work. Whether it’s pre-show gatherings and Staff Nights at our theatres, meet-and-greets with cast and crew, or our annual holiday party, our staff is engaged with the art and one another. Center Theatre Group commits to creating a safe space where the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion permeate all levels and all aspects of our work. We aim to attract, nurture and retain staff in a supportive home where we can be our best selves. We celebrate our commonalities and embrace our differences in order to ensure that everyone has access to our work onstage, behind the scenes, and in the community.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Executive Assistant to the Managing Director provides full administrative support including drafting correspondence, scheduling meetings, responding to inquiries, maintaining reports, answering phones, greeting guests and interfacing with all levels of company management and staff as well as the Board of Directors and the County and City of Los Angeles.
- Answer phones, respond to inquiries, prepare meeting agendas, schedule meetings, and prepare written materials. Ensure that all printed materials are well-written and proofed.
- Effectively interact with CTG management and staff
- Effectively interact with Board members including the Board president, Board committees, donors and prospective donors, Music Center and resident company executives and staff (LA Opera, LA Phil, LA Master Chorale) on behalf of the Managing Director.
- Interface with Los Angeles County and City officials as needed on behalf of the Managing Director.
- Work closely with the Senior Leadership Team on behalf of the Managing Director.
- Schedule travel for the Managing Director
- Prepare expense reports for the Managing Director and perform credit card reconciliation.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Managing Director’s office.
- Organize and maintain files and records.
- Professionally represent the office of the Managing Director both internally and externally.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Proven working experience in a busy office environment
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and ability to work with redlined documents.
- Strong working knowledge of database systems and project management software
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Must be extremely well-organized, detail-oriented and understand the importance of following through on projects,
- Must have the ability to interact positively and effectively with management and employees at all levels and throughout every area of the organization.
- Must be able to demonstrate professionalism, flexibility, adaptability and equanimity.
- Demonstrate humor, enthusiasm and a positive demeanor.
- Must be proactive and motivated with demonstrable problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials.
- Must exhibit integrity, tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Evidence good work habits including but not limited to being on time, meeting deadlines, arriving prepared for meetings and events, being responsive and following through.
- Exhibit appropriate phone and email etiquette.
- Demonstrate a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work some overtime including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to effectively and efficiently operate office equipment including telephones computer, fax machines, etc.
- Must be able to lift and carry 20 pounds (e.g., reports, programs, brochures, binders).
- Must have transportation in order to attend meetings and events off-site, e.g., Board meetings.
Education, Experience and Licensing
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Required: Previous administrative support experience preferably for a senior executive
- Background in or knowledge of theatre arts preferred.
- Familiarity with Los Angeles and the Southern California arts community preferred.
- Candidates MUST be able to pass a background check.
- CTG is not able to provide relocation assistance for this position.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.
- Staff members are expected to consciously and continuously promote the mission, values, programs and impact of the organization.
The position will receive a competitive compensation.
CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays; and health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, employee assistance program, pet insurance, and life and long-term disability insurance.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter along with salary desired to: [email protected]. Please be sure to include the position title in the subject line of the email. Due to heavy volume of resumes received, emails that do not include the job title in the subject line of the email may not be considered.
In your cover letter, please indicate how you became aware of this position, e.g., name of website, current employee, via another source.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. We will contact qualified individuals to set up interviews.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. CTG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.