Lux Art Institute
Lux Art Institute is a multifaceted contemporary art museum with an internationally renowned artist residency, exciting schedule of top-quality exhibitions, in-depth educational programming for children and adults as well as an innovative public arts outreach program.
The Board of Directors is seeking an Executive Director to join our dedicated staff of eleven, committed board, and enthusiastic community in beautiful Encinitas, California.
- Be a visionary leader for the organization, working with the board of directors, staff, and community to build consensus on Lux’s strategic plan.
- Provide the institutional point-of-view and responsibility for maintaining excellence in all curatorial and artistic endeavors by serving as the “eyes” of LUX.
- Embody a collaborative and solutions-based work culture, facilitating mentorship and professional development opportunities with the goal of empowering employees and creating opportunity for growth within the organization.
- Creates residency and exhibition programs and related events that engage the community and are core to the success of the Institute.
- Serve as an accessible and engaging public face of Lux for public speaking and media events, seeking to tell Lux’s story both locally and internationally.
- Be the key strategist and provide vision and goal setting for the development team’s individual and foundation fundraising campaigns and grant writing pipeline.
- Supervise Lux’s education team and programs including classes, summer camps, and offsite outreach programs to ensure high quality, positive engagement, and profitability.
- Lead the marketing and events team in producing successful and high quality fundraising and educational events appealing to Lux’s broad public constituency.
- Leadership experience in a museum or non-profit setting
- Expert knowledge of, and ability to communicate about, contemporary art
- Fluency in operational finance
- An M.A. or Ph.D. in Art History or related field
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Sophisticated and engaging interpersonal skills
- Passion for Contemporary Art
To apply, please submit a CV, reference list, and cover letter describing your fit with this position description to Lux Art Institute Board of Directors at [email protected] . Application deadline: June 1, 2018.