Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery
Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Municipal Art Gallery is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and team-oriented individual to intern with the organization’s staff two to three days per week from September - November 2017. Candidates should be responsible, eager to learn, punctual, and capable of working independently.
Duties include assisting the Curatorial and Exhibition team in all aspects of exhibitions research and implementation, including, but not limited to: exhibition content and logistic research, registrarial functions (such as the generation of condition reports) as well as assisting in the implementation of related public programs and special events. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication skills, an ability to prioritize and meticulous attention to detail. This internship is unpaid.
- Work closely with and assist the Curatorial and Exhibition team.
- Daily assistance with exhibition project management
- Organize files and correspondence
- Interact with visitors, artists, colleagues in a courteous, prompt and professional manner.
- Interest in contemporary art
- Flexibility to make changes and support exhibitions and programs as needed.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Commitment to stated schedule.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude while on site.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Closing deadline: August 14, 2017
City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs
The City of Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs (DCA) originally formed in 1925 as the Municipal Arts Department to provide art and cultural services in neighborhoods, was reorganized by an act of the City Council in July 1980. Since then the Department has undergone a variety of programmatic and organizational changes in response to community needs, fluctuating funding resources, and various directives from the Office of the Mayor and the Los Angeles City Council.
DCA’s mission is to strengthen the quality of life in the City of Los Angeles by stimulating and supporting cultural services and ensuring access to such activities for residents and visitors to the City. DCA advances the social and economic impact of the arts and ensures access to diverse art and cultural activities through grant making, marketing, public art, and community arts.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER