Los Angeles, CA
High-end art handling company seeking lead handler with experience leading crews and with project organization/management. Positions will involve working full time at our Los Angeles locations as well as on-site work with our trucking/installation crews. Ideal candidates will possess the following skills:
-10+ years experience with known vendor or institution, with broad experience of safe handling techniques. Handling skills should include a variety of packing techniques, crating design, canvas stretching, and installation of a variety of artwork types.
- All applicants must have positive, progressive attitudes and experience working in groups.
- Ability to delegate tasks, with understanding of how to guild/coach peers rather than merely directing them.
- Attention to employee safety
- Good communication and interaction skills a must, including email interactions with clientele.
- Previous installation experience from a gallery or museum / fabrication / artist assistant experience.
- Ideal candidate should be able to self motivate, with a strong sense of how to manage their own time.
- Valid California state drivers license
- Attention to detail / organizational skills
- Experience driving box trucks and operating a fork lift.
- Warehouse experience, Filemaker and Mac OSX experience viewed favorably.
Do you like this post?