The Colburn School
Los Angeles, CA
Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, the Colburn School is an internationally recognized leader in performing arts education and is part of the fabric of the Los Angeles cultural community. With a world-renowned faculty, Colburn trains local and international students in four different units: the Colburn Conservatory of Music, the Colburn Community School of Performing Arts (CSPA), the Colburn Music Academy and Colburn Dance, and is a leader in community engagement through its new Center on Innovation and Community Impact.
The Colburn School's mission is to provide the highest quality performing arts education at all levels of development in an optimal learning environment.
Book, schedule and coordinate all rental events on campus, including: concerts, rehearsals, meetings, classes, and special events. Schedule, staff, and plan rental events to meet contractual obligations and ensure quality customer service standards. Assist with scheduling of internal events including: classes, concerts, rehearsals, meetings, master classes, and special events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise internal and rental space usage for all areas of campus.
- Meet with and provide tours for potential campus users/clients and respond to usage inquiries from the general public.
- Provide information and guidance for rental clients, faculty, staff, and students in order to obtain accurate event specifications. Create and process space bookings, contracts, invoices, and follow-up communication for rentals to external clients. Conduct pre- and post-event meetings with clients and campus staff.
- Liaise with various departments of the School to ensure that staff and equipment are scheduled as needed. for events on campus.
- Build and maintain Production Department’s Production Staffing Calendar in order to ensure staffing needs are updated.
- Respond to faculty, student, and staff inquiries regarding space availability, room capacities, and set up requirements. Effectively communicate information through written correspondence, oral communication, data analysis, and preparation of reports.
- Produce event orders to be distributed to the various resources of the Production Department. Conduct various administrative tasks including filing, copying, updating forms, spreadsheets, and data entry into Event Management System (EMS) including hall reservations, resource requests, and any additional client requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with service contractors and other suppliers of event services.
- Maintain Facility Rental pages of The Colburn School website. Update facility photos and event calendar listings, as needed, for both internal and external events.
- Attend select events as a representative of the Production Department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to plan, service, and supervise a variety of events; anticipate equipment and other needs for individual events; prepare effective reports and correspondence; identify potential problems and make necessary plans for corrective action; establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and the general public; supervise a setup crew; operate computer, telephone, fax machine, hand-held radio, calculator and copy.
- Bachelors degree or relevant experience and a minimum of three years of experience in campus management, performing arts management or in the event planning industry
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of event planning, audio-visual systems and other equipment and practices typical to the industry; public fire and safety regulations;
- Word processing, spreadsheet and industry related scheduling and reservation software programs.
- Must be available to work a varied schedule at times to include night and weekend work.
- Position requires seated work, standing work, moving equipment, computer work, and customer service contact via phone and in person. Lift and or move up to 20 pounds, reach with arms, hear, and speak. Work is mainly performed in an indoor office setting with extended periods at a computer. Must be able to give tours of the facility including backstage of performance halls. May occasionally work outdoors for outdoor events.
Excellent salary and great benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 403(b) retirement plan free parking and more!
Apply online at: