Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation
Los Angeles, CA
TITLE: Levitt LA Fall Communications Intern
LOCATION: Echo Park, Los Angeles, CA
TIME COMMITMENT: Part-Time (16-24 hours/week for 10 weeks)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Thursday, September 5, 2019
INTERNSHIP DATES: 10 consecutive weeks (ideally starting Monday, September 23, 2019)
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing & Communications
COMPENSATION: Honorarium, up to $2,000 (determined by time commitment); College credit possible, please check with your academic advisor to make arrangements
Do you love keeping your finger on the pulse of LA’s rich and eclectic music scene? Do you love curating and creating original content? Do you want to gain hands-on communications experience promoting “the most prolific free concert series of summer” as described by Los Angeles Magazine? If so, join the Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles communications team this fall!
The Levitt LA Fall Communications Intern will help engage Levitt LA’s growing audience base in the off-season; celebrating the 50 free concerts that took place during the 2019 season and generating excitement around the 2020 season; crafting original brand-building content to populate Levitt LA’s website, blog and social media platforms; tracking Levitt LA media coverage and advertising deliverables; and potentially authoring up to three blog pieces on the national Levitt blog, reVerb.
- Help identify and create engaging brand-building content for Levitt LA’s various social media platforms; creating custom graphics and video recaps, as needed
- Publish original content on Levitt LA website to celebrate the impact of the 2019 concert season through compelling recap content and build excitement surrounding the 2020 concert season
- Support the creation of eblasts, as needed
- Create customized hero image graphics for Levitt LA homepage, as needed
- Help track the performance of 2019 advertising—including but not limited to web, radio and e-communications
- Help track community partner and media partner deliverables
- Develop a social media influencer list of local, music-related influencers
- Help monitor social media performance—collecting and compiling analytics to illustrate correlations between content, publishing strategy and budget
- Track media coverage of Levitt LA and MacArthur Park
- Support development and maintenance of Levitt LA photography archive
- Create Levitt LA streaming playlists
- Author up to three blog posts about music, arts access, and/or creative placemaking-related stories tailored to your specific interests for national Levitt blog, reVerb
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
- Bilingual in English and Spanish, a plus!
- Must currently be enrolled in college/university as a junior or senior (recent college grad is ok)
- Preferably pursuing a degree in Communications, Marketing, Music Business/Industry, Nonprofit/Arts Administration or a related field
- Some experience in graphic design, video editing and/or photography, a plus
- Well-versed and current in social media platforms, tools and trends
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Passion for Levitt LA’s mission
The mission of Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles (Levitt LA) is to make live music accessible to all, creating stronger and more connected communities while celebrating the vibrant cultural tapestry of our city and beyond. Every summer, 50 FREE outdoor, bilingual performances celebrating LA’s rich diversity through free, live music are presented at Levitt LA, featuring acclaimed, emerging talent to seasoned, award-winning performers in a broad range of music genres.
Each summer, over 60,000 people of all ages and backgrounds gather on the lawn in historic MacArthur Park to enjoy free, live music under the stars. Programming is designed to appeal to all tastes, attracting people from all walks of life to come together for a shared evening of great music. As music fills the park, so do families, friends, and Angelenos from throughout the city. Since 2007, over 500,000 people have gathered in MacArthur Park to enjoy the free concerts, cultural celebrations and family-friendly atmosphere offered at Levitt LA!
- Ensures free access to exceptional live music and family-friendly entertainment for people of all backgrounds and circumstances
- Provides a welcoming, fun and safe community gathering place open to all
- Brings consistent, positive energy to MacArthur Park every summer
- Supports the livelihood of professional musicians
- Connects diverse populations as a fully bilingual (English/Spanish) music venue
Email cover letter, resume and writing sample to email@example.com, including “Levitt LA Summer Communications Internship” in the subject line.
To learn more about Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles, visit levittlosangeles.org.