Cayton Children’s Museum by ShareWell
Santa Monica, CA
Field Trip Facilitator: $14.25/ hr
Hours: Part-time/ Non- exempt
Supervisor: School & Group Program Coordinator
Location: Cayton Children’s Museum by ShareWell, 395 Santa Monica Place, Santa Monica, CA 90401
At ShareWell, we cultivate brave and generous thinkers. Through arts, immersive play and real-world action, we guide children and youth to recognize injustice and possibility within their communities and beyond, and to take meaningful, collaborative and collective action to create a better future. ShareWell is comprised of two main initiatives: the Cayton Children’s Museum⎯opening in 2019 in Downtown Santa Monica⎯and youTHink, an innovative youth development program.
Field Trip Facilitator works collaboratively with the Education Team to provide programmatic support for a variety of museum programs, particularly for the Field Trip program. They will provide a rich and memorable play and learning experience for all Field Trip guests, including students, teachers, and adult chaperones.
Field Trips are scheduled for groups of up to 40 students each on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays at either 10:00am and/or 1:00pm. Each field trip visit will include a brief welcome, a review of ways to play in the museum, scheduled rotating museum play, and an optional Enrichment Experience.
- Greet and welcome each school group as they arrive for field trips.
- Clearly communicate and build rapport with teachers and chaperones during visits.
- Facilitate Enrichment Experiences and maintain inventory and replenish Enrichment Experience materials weekly.
- During museum play, engage students in exploration of museum exhibits and with helping to restore props.
- Assist with setting up and resetting rooms for Field Trip and general program uses.
- Ensure the safety of all guests and follow museum safety and emergency protocol as needed.
- Maintain clear communication with Visitor Experience Team (including Front Desk and Floor Staff) throughout Field Trip visit to ensure the harmonious play experience of general museum guests and school groups.
- Research and develop, in conjunction with Education Team, new activities for Enrichment Experiences that are developmentally appropriate and in alignment with Common Core Standards.
- Support all other museum programs, including materials prep and facilitation for off-site festivals and promotional events, free public programs, on- and off-site classes and camps as needed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with friendly & professional demeanor.
- Prior experience working in environments serving children and families required.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to solve problems flexibly in a changing environment.
- Pedagogical knowledge of best practices in Early Childhood Education and state and national core standards preferred.
- Ability to interact positively with people of different backgrounds.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
- Must pass background check.
- Move around an office and museum spaces to access cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must have the ability to walk, stand, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, sit, run, talk and hear.
- Make substantial movements (motions) of wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Driver’s License
ShareWell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) dedicated to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and equity. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other legally protected characteristics. Everyone is encouraged to apply for available employment to ensure our staff reflects the diversity of our visitors and surrounding communities.
Send resume and cover letter to Sara Choi at email@example.com with subject line “Field Trip Facilitator”. No phone calls please.