DIAVOLO | Architecture in Motion
Los Angeles, CA
DIAVOLO | Architecture in Motion (“DIAVOLO”) seeks a Finance and Administration Associate. This position will be part-time, between 15-25 hours per week. DIAVOLO is an exciting nonprofit organization is under the direction of Jacques Heim, the founding Artistic Director, and Jennifer Cheng, the Executive Director. The position will report to Chief Operating Officer Matt Wells and has growth potential.
DIAVOLO performs a distinct style of Architecture in Motion, using abstract and recognized structures to explore the relationship between the danger of our environment and the fragility of the human body. DIAVOLO has an extensive performance history throughout the U.S, Europe, Asia, and Latin America. DIAVOLO has created dozens of dance works, forming one of the dance field’s most compelling repertoires, from seminal works like Trajectoire (1999-2001) to new works like Passengers (2016). Education and outreach are also crucial to Diavolo. The Diavolo Institute offers dance education and outreach programs that reach thousands of community members each year. www.diavolo.org
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- payroll administration
- processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable
- credit card processing
- reconciling bank statements
- coordinating office communication including phone calls, postal mail, faxes, etc
- coordinating facilities maintenance for the Diavolo studio space and office space
- benefits administration
- maintaining company files and records.
- 1-3 years of experience with bookkeeping / accounting.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or other similar bookkeeping software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Apps. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
- Interest in the arts and affinity with dance are a plus.
Work Schedule and Location:
The position is 15-25 hours per week. Work schedule will have some flexibility and be determined in advance.
Work location is at the DIAVOLO Office Space in the Brewery Arts Complex, just northeast of downtown Los Angeles.
The position is available to be filled immediately. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com and use the subject line: “Job Application- Finance and Administration Associate.”