Los Angeles, CA
Position Title: Finance Manager
Reports to: Deputy Director
Salary Range: $62,000 to $72,000 - dependent upon experience and skill-set
Benefits: Eligible for Medical, Dental, Life and optional Vision and 401K
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, and with ad hoc support of a Finance Consultant, the Finance Manager takes a lead role in organizational financial planning and management, as well as day-to-day accounting and finance activities, including the ensuring ethical, efficient, and financially responsible management of the organization. The Finance Manager will work closely with program and advancement department management, to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures and to explore how the finance function can support departmental operations.
- Oversee the day-to-day accounting functions for the organization, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and semi-monthly payroll.
- Monitor daily cash balances and inform Deputy Director and CEO of cash flow issues in a timely manner.
- Complete month-end close-out procedures, including reviewing and validating general ledger activity, reviewing and entering payroll, preparing and entering month-end journal entries, and completing bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile revenue coding with Advancement Department and work with department managers and assistants to ensure that cost allocations are accurate.
- Create financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and support project/program and grant tracking and accounting.
- Maintain accounts receivable ledger and assist with the tracking and collection of funds as needed.
- Serve as lead on-site staff for the annual audit.
- Serve as the P.S. ARTS point of contact with banking and investment management vendors.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Long Range Functions
- Oversees the development and implementation of financial systems.
- Keep accounting policies and procedures up to date and in compliance with GAAP, local, state and federal laws and grants.
- With the CEO/Deputy Director, coordinate and lead annual budgeting and planning process, including reviewing financial plans and budgets from all departments, and monitoring changes.
- Provide data-based analysis of financials, including cash flow projections
- Manage and track the performance of invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Work in partnership with the Trustee Finance Committee, Audit Committee and Finance Consultant on the annual audit, annual tax filing, budget, and monthly financials.
Minimum requirements for the position are:
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or other related field;
- 5+ years of experience of financial management and accounting experience
- Commitment to the P.S. ARTS mission;
- Ability to effectively communicate financial data and concepts to administrative, programs, and advancement staff.
- The Finance Manager should be comfortable working in a team and independently.
- All P.S. ARTS employees should be mission focused, with equal attention to the needs of the students we serve, the engagement of our staff and faculty and the overall health of the organization.
Additional desired qualifications are:
- An MBA or CPA
- Substantial knowledge of nonprofit business and financial management, budgeting, and accounting procedures
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Prior experience with conducting or coordinating nonprofit audits
- Experience working for a $5M+ sized nonprofit
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change in response to organization need at the discretion of the CEO.
Please email a resume and cover letter with the subject line “FINANCE MANAGER POSITION” to [email protected]. Please, no hardcopies or phone calls.