Canvas & Clay is a Redondo Beach art studio, teaching drawing, painting, and clay classes to students ages 4 to adult. We are seeking an energetic, outgoing art teacher who is capable of connecting positively with students, and communicating effectively with parents.
compensation: based on experience and credentials
- Head & assistant teaching
of fine art drawing & painting program to students ages 4 to teen.
- Basic teaching of clay hand building & bisque glazing classes to students ages 6 to teen.
- Class set-up & clean-up.
- Studio maintenance.
- Interaction with parents before and after class (scheduling, collecting tuition).
- Weekend event staffing (art shows, fairs, etc.).
- Run Sunday birthday parties alongside another staff member.
- Must be in-process or completed: BA, BFA, or minor in art.
- Ability to draw and paint realistically.
- Advanced knowledge of traditional fine art technique in the following media (all drawing media, watercolor, acrylic, oil) and the following genres (landscape, still life, figure drawing, etc).
- Excellent communication skills & customer service.
- Ability to teach using POSITIVE reinforcement.
- Ability to maintain an energetic and upbeat teaching pace.
- Fast learner, able to adhere to our teaching methods.
- Ability to work independently.
- Recommended commute time less than 20 mins each direction.
- Beginning immediately:
- TRAIN for 2-4 weeks
- TEACH after school classes Tuesday-Friday 3:00 - 6:45 pm, Saturday 8:00 am - 6:30 pm, and Sunday afternoon birthday parties.
- TEACH daytime summer camps June-August from 8:00 am - 3:30 pm.
- Employee will not be required to work all hours listed above, but will be assigned a schedule of approximately 15-20 hours per week based on the current studio enrollment.
To apply, please respond with art samples (or web link), and a resume that includes educational history and applicable experience. We will send you an employment application in return. Salary will be discussed during interview.