Boys & Girls Club of Venice
The Fine Arts coordinator develops monitors and assesses the implementation of Fine Arts programs and services; oversees the development and implementation of new Fine Arts programs. Represent the Fine Arts center on occasions at various community relations activities and events; and performs related work as assigned. The Fine Arts Coordinator will work closely with other staff to plan and implement your program ideas/goals. Attend occasional trainings and submit monthly reports; track and submit daily attendance and be responsible for the maintenance and inventory of the Fine Arts center equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance of the Art Director and Program Director, plan and supervise program activities and department tasks that support youth development outcomes:
- Plan and oversee the implementation of all Fine Arts programs.
- Assist with the coordination of special events; includes special projects from start to finish.
- Take lead in recruitment of members into the Fine Arts program.
- Supervise and manage members during homework hour, programming and pick-ups to ensure safety and inclusion of all members in all areas of the facility
- Community outreach for resources and partnerships including schools and organizations.
- Allocate and monitor work assigned to volunteers and/or interns.
- Supervise and maintain all equipment in the Fine Arts center, ensure the Fine Arts center be limited to appropriate programing and keep an inventory of all equipment.
- Plan ongoing recruitment to increase membership in the Fine Arts and performing arts program.
- Increase visibility of Club programs via posting of daily schedule, announcement of upcoming events and the dissemination of timely information for the development of advertising.
- Collect and collate data and outcomes for monthly reporting and grant writing purposes.
- Accountable for reporting and assessments on program participation, observations and equipment inventory via Kidtrax and monthly reports.
- Demonstrate leadership to assure conduct, safety and development of members.
- Assist with transportation escorting and supervising youth on bus.
- Respond according to procedures for emergency and disciplinary situations.
- Maintain current first aid and CPR certification and ensure equipment/kits/materials are maintained and available.
- Assess facility needs and perform janitorial duties or manual labor as needed in other facility.
- Associates degree or experience equal to in a Fine Arts field
- Experience with developing and teaching art based curriculum and implementation
- Competence in various art mediums across the fine arts spectrum
- Ability to motivate and engage youth and manage behavioral challenges
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Youth Development
- Ability to effectively communicate with youth, parents, staff, volunteers, and teachers
- In-depth knowledge of Fine arts including water colors, acrylics, pastels, etc…
- First aid/CPR certified
- TB test must be current
BGCV is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Personal protective equipment provided or required
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Venice is compliant to and follows all guidelines provided by the State of California and the Center for Disease Control.