Zimmer Children’s Museum
Los Angeles, CA
The Zimmer Children’s Museum seeks a warm, high-energy, flexible individual with excellent interpersonal communication skills and a genuine interest in working with young children and families. The role of Front Desk Associate is to provide a welcoming experience for families as they enter the museum.
Supervisor: Visitor Experience Director
- Create a welcoming front desk by enthusiastically greeting every guest that enters the museum
- Responsible for accurately performing opening/closing functions of front desk (counting cash, end-of-day deposits, etc.), and efficiently and accurately operating cash registers (POS system)
- Inform all guests about relevant museum opportunities, including memberships, classes and camps, parties, gift shop sales, etc,
- Opening and closing of museum exhibits
- Assist with class registration and attendance tracking as necessary
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of front desk and surrounding museum exhibition space
- Make sure all promotional program materials and flyers are up-to-date and fully stocked
- Collect feedback from visitors and report feedback to Visitor Experience Director
- Staff special events when requested
- Work with high school and college interns as needed
- Respond to guests, whether in person or over the phone, with eloquence and professionalism
- Follow Zimmer emergency and safety protocols, ensuring the safety and care of all visitors
- Weekday and Sunday availability.
- Prior retail experience preferred.
- Solid computer skills and math skills.
- Fluency in spoken Spanish preferred.
Must be at least 18 years or older. Must pass background check.
Additional requirements needed to perform the duties of this job include the ability to walk, stand, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, sit, run, talk and hear, and ability to lift and/or move objects up to 20 lbs.
The Zimmer Children’s Museum by ShareWell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, and resume to [email protected] with subject line: Front Desk Associate