Cayton Children's Museum
Los Angeles, CA
Position: Front Desk Associate, Part Time: $15/hr
Department: Visitor Experience
Reports to: Visitor Experience Floor Managers
At ShareWell, we cultivate brave and generous thinkers. Through arts, immersive play and real-world action, we guide children and youth to recognize injustice and possibility within their communities and beyond, and to take meaningful, collaborative and collective action to create a better future. ShareWell is comprised of two main initiatives: the Cayton Children’s Museum opening in 2019 in Downtown Santa Monica and youTHink, an innovative youth development program.
The Cayton Children’s Museum seeks warm, high-energy, friendly and flexible individuals with a genuine interest in working with young children and families to join our Visitor Experience Department as Part Time Front Desk Associates. The role of Front Desk Associate is to provide a welcoming experience for families as they enter the museum, to engage in ticket sales, membership sales, and to be the front line of communication about all programs and events at the Cayton Children’s Museum. Front Desk Associates are hosts of the museum, support basic maintenance of the lobby area and are responsible for imparting key messages of the Cayton, enforcing policies and procedures for visitors, and working to maintain a safe, orderly and welcoming environment. This position is year-round and part-time; the schedule includes weekdays, weekends, evenings and holidays. Due to the variable nature of attendance, candidates must have flexibility with respect to schedule and assignments. The museum is open 7 days a week, 10am – 7pm.
- Create a warm, engaging and welcoming lobby area and front desk by enthusiastically greeting and responding to guests, whether in person, over the phone, or via email, with eloquence and professionalism
- Accurately perform all front desk ticket, membership, class, and camp sales, operate and oversee the ticketing kiosks and maintain all other lobby equipment
- Input and track information in the CRM system, run reports as needed
- Stay informed on all relevant museum opportunities, including memberships, classes and camps, parties, gift shop sales, etc and ensure all promotional program materials and flyers are up-to-date and fully stocked
- Work closely with lobby security to ensure safety and efficiency of lines
- Collect feedback from visitors and report back to Visitor Experience Floor Managers
- Integrate and apply feedback from supervisors to achieve visitor experience goals and standards
- Co-train and mentor fellow colleagues as assigned
- Staff special events when requested
- Prior customer service experience desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and a friendly, professional demeanor
- Prior experience working with children and families preferred
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to solve problems flexibly in a changing environment
- Ability to interact positively with people of different backgrounds
- Basic math skills to account for receipts, prepare routine reports, and resolve errors
- Basic computer skills and competent written communication skills
- Fluency in (spoken) Spanish preferred
- Weekday, Weekend and Holiday availability required
- CPR Certification preferred
Must be at least 18 years or older. Must pass background check.
The person in this position must be able to:
- Move around an office and museum spaces to access cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must have the ability to walk, stand, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, sit, run, talk and hear.
- Make substantial movements (motions) of wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
ShareWell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) dedicated to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and equity. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability or any other legally protected characteristics. Everyone is encouraged to apply for available employment to ensure our staff reflects the diversity of our visitors and surrounding communities.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Rosalie Tucker at [email protected] with subject line “Part Time Front Desk Associate”. No phone calls please.