Go For Broke National Education Center
Los Angeles, CA
Go For Broke National Education Center – Los Angeles, California
Position: Front Desk Attendants - Part Time
Go For Broke National Education Center (GFBNEC) is an educational nonprofit, with the mission to educate and inspire character and equality in all Americans through teaching about the virtue and valor of our World War II American veterans of Japanese ancestry. GFBNEC has a robust Education and Exhibits Department, dedicated to preserving and sharing this important history. In May of 2016, GFBNEC opened a new leading-edge educational exhibition about the Japanese American soldier legacy within the broader context of the Japanese American experience of World War II. The 3,800 square foot permanent exhibition examines this chapter of history from a contemporary perspective that incorporates issues facing our communities and nation today. The exhibition is located in the historic Nishi Hongwanji Building in the Little Tokyo Historic District of Los Angeles.
Front Desk Attendants will handle ticketing, informational inquiries, visitors services, and other duties as assigned.
Duties of the Front Desk Attendants include, but are not limited to:
- Handles ticketing and admissions to the exhibition
- Answers phones, directs calls to appropriate staff member, takes messages
- Provides information to visitors regarding GFBNEC organization, exhibition, and programs
- Greets, directs, and actively assists visitors
- Responds to visitors' informational inquiries
- Responsible for informing visitors of any possible exhibition closures, updates, news, and/or special programming
- Responsible for the efficient and accurate operation of cash registers/credit card machines and all front desk admissions-related equipment
- Opens exhibition space and ensures it is ready for visitors
- Closes exhibition space and ensures it is organized
- Must provide a positive public image of GFBNEC to all visitors
- Other visitors services duties, as required
Skills should include customer and/or visitors service experience. Excellent communications skills required. Experience with the operation of cash registers/credit card machines required. Ability to accurately assess and adjust in a positive fashion to changing situations presented at the front desk necessary. Prior experience working with museums and/or interpretive exhibits and knowledge of Japanese American and/or World War II history are pluses, but are not required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and some evening and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY
Email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject heading FRONT DESK ATTENDANT. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE! Opportunity to remain open until filled. Selected individuals will be invited for an in-person discussion.