Anat Ebgi Gallery
Los Angeles, CA
Anat Ebgi Gallery was founded in 2012 as a platform to promote the work of young artists based in the Los Angeles area. The gallery has since grown to encompass an international roster of emerging talents that embrace new, distinct forms of production across a wide array of mediums. The gallery participates in over 6 art fairs each year. In 2017 Anat Ebgi opened her second space, AE2.
As the gallery’s Administrative Assistant, you have the opportunity to showcase your skills in organization and system management. We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter and is detail oriented. Someone who works well independently but is also a team player. The appropriate candidate will be capable of managing multiple competing tasks and demands with demonstrated poise.
You will be responsible for:
- Inventory and archive management: managing inventory records and contacts in gallery databases, creating consignments and loan agreements, maintaining gallery’s on-site and off-site storage
- Tracking the movement and shipping of artworks: keeping records of the movement of artwork to and from storage, artist studios, collectors’ homes, institutions, etc., creating, managing, and tracking domestic and international shipments and coordinating with senders and recipients, completing commercial invoices and customs forms
- Exhibition management and event organization: creating installation and deinstallation timelines, scheduling art handlers, framers, photographers, cleaners, food vendors, etc., liaising with artists about exhibition details, formatting gallery email blasts, assisting with opening reception and dinner
- General office administration: stocking office supplies, tools, and packaging materials, answering phones and emails, greeting visitors, handling incoming and outgoing mail, filing paperwork, calendar maintenance
- Art handling: assisting with moving, wrapping, packaging, hanging, and storing artworks for various purposes including transport, private viewings, exhibitions, and art fairs
- Intern and art handler supervision: managing gallery interns and art handlers
- Various other tasks: maintaining appearance of the gallery spaces, running errands, miscellaneous other tasks as needed
As the Administrative Assistant, you have:
BFA or equivalent
Please email a cover letter with a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org