Gemini G.E.L., a limited-edition print publisher and gallery based in Los Angeles, California, is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented, diversely skilled Gallery Assistant. Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Gallery Assistant will support administrative and sales functions at the gallery. This is an administrative job where teamwork is vital. Hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.
- Serve as the first point of contact in the gallery for visitors
- Field phone and email inquiries
- Assist the Director of Sales with client presentations, sales and consignment arrangements, including creating and sending follow-up price lists and visuals.
- Work with the Director of Sales to invoice and coordinate framing and shipping of artwork
- Update and maintain the website, create various online listings, schedule and send e-blasts, and manage the digital image inventory
- Organize sales materials and execute general preparation for art fair presentations
- Assist the Director of Sales with marketing and PR outreach
- Facilitate social media presence
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Art, Art History, Design, Architecture, History, or related field.
- Experience using Mac platforms and knowledge of Excel and Photoshop. InDesign and Illustrator skills welcome
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Willingness to take on new tasks
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Two years of work or internship experience in arts related positions
- Knowledge of contemporary art
- Knowledge of ArtSystems software or similar arts database programs