Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Gallery Assistant
The Gallery Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of administrative and organizational duties that support the team at Regen Projects. These duties may range from receptionist responsibilities to travel and event management. The Gallery Assistant must be knowledgeable of contemporary art and the Regen Projects program. This role handles a diversity of tasks and projects that are frequently time sensitive. This requires a Gallery Assistant who can manage multiple priorities with flexibility and the requisite attention to detail.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with gallery projects
- Manage front desk and perform receptionist duties
- Update artists’ biographies and bibliographies
- Prepare press packets and archive press materials
- Manage and update gallery calendar
- Attend and assist with gallery openings
- Organize, plan, and coordinate gallery events including venues, vendors, invitations, seating, menu, etc.
- Reference library management and organization
- Catalogue sales and inventory management
- Gallery errands as needed
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in a related field
- Prior gallery or museum work experience
- Knowledge of contemporary art and the gallery artists
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Personable, engaging, and amiable personality
- Detail oriented in approach and accurate in execution
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative to deliver
- Capable of managing multiple priorities in a high pressure environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Passion for excellence
- Artist and client focused
- Strong teamwork values
This is a full-time salaried position. Compensation, including benefits, is commensurate with experience.
Please email cover letter (in body of email) with resume and references attached as one PDF and ‘Gallery Assistant’ as the email subject heading to firstname.lastname@example.org.