Grand Central Art Center
Santa Ana, CA
Department: Grand Central Art Center
Status: Non-Exempt, 30 hours with partial benefits, Must be able to work weekends
Reports to: GCAC Director and Associate Director
The Gallery Associate is responsible for opening and closing the galleries, opening and closing the gallery store cash register, keeping the front desk and all galleries clean and neat, greet visitors, insuring a safe environment for visitors and the artwork on exhibition, assisting with installations, and assist with the research and production of programs and exhibitions. This position will also involve community outreach for greater awareness of the art center.
The ideal candidate will have the drive and desire to devote time, energy and enthusiasm towards the success of Grand Central Art Center. GCAC operates with a lean team in which each individual plays a crucial role. A hands-on working style, nimbleness and ability to navigate effectively in a complex environment will be key qualities in a candidate. The position provides opportunities for career and creative advancement. Knowledge of contemporary art and gallery practice is desired.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Arming/unarming gallery alarms upon opening/closing
- Open and close cash register
- Keep front desk and galleries clean
- Greet and assist gallery visitors – show information, sales, etc.
- Answer phone
- Insuring a safe environment for visitors and the artwork on exhibition
- Assist in coordinating the receiving/returning artwork for sales gallery
- Community outreach
- Documenting exhibitions as needed
- On schedule for First Saturdays and other events as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Social media savvy
- Some college courses in art
- Knowledge of the contemporary art field and socially engaged practices
- Quality written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in contemporary art world organization, museum or gallery setting desired
- Ability to engage with multiple communities, from surrounding neighbors, students and faculty, to supporters and patrons of all ages.
- Knowledge of Mac platform and Microsoft Office software
- Some evening and weekend hours will be required
HERE IS THE LINK TO APPLY: