Los Angeles, CA
AF Projects is seeking a full-time Gallery Associate who wants to be part of a rapidly growing, international contemporary art gallery at its new space in Los Angeles. Candidates are required to be highly personable, have strong organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects, a passion for business development, proactive, motivated and have strong communication skills. The role is for immediate hire.
Applicants must have previous experience as a Gallery Assistant, museum, or comparable arts organization.
Primary responsibilities include;
- Assist in sales
- Assist gallery director in exploring new business opportunities
- Help identify new clients and contact information
- Prepare, log and send offers to clients during exhibitions, art fairs and respond to digital inquiries
- Greet gallery visitors, answer gallery phone and facilitate client visits
- Maintain general tidiness of the gallery
- Manage event guest lists and invitations, monitor RSVPs
- Assist with gallery opening and events
- Assist on exhibitions and art fairs
- Organise photographers to photograph exhibitions and works
- Communicate with artists regarding exhibitions, assist on consignment of works
- Manage gallery’s social media accounts and schedule posts regularly
- Manage press release and co-ordinate media placements for forthcoming gallery exhibitions and news
- Oversee exhibition catalogues and exhibition print material
- Open and close the gallery, as needed
- Manage logistics of gallery; artwork shipping, art handlers and receiving/sending of mail and packages
- Provide general administrative support
The position is Tuesday-Saturday, 10:00am to 6:00pm. Applicant will occasionally need to work additional hours for events and openings.
Please submit the following to [email protected];
A cover letter detailing your previous experience and a brief explanation of how you would approach the position and CV.
Submissions without the above items will not be considered. No phone or walk-in inquiries please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.