California Museum of Art Thousand Oaks (CMATO)
Thousand Oaks, CA
The California Museum of Art Thousand Oaks (CMATO) is seeking Gallery Attendants to facilitate the experience of all visitors at our new location in The Oaks. The Gallery Attendant will create a friendly environment while also overseeing gallery experience and the safety and security of both artworks and visitors. This is a part-time position; Gallery Attendants can be scheduled to work up to 20 hours per week depending on their availability and will be scheduled for at least one weekend day. Candidates must be available to work weekends, holidays and special events as necessary. CMATO will be open Wednesday-Sunday, 12pm-7pm.
- Welcome visitors to CMATO.
- Offer visitors information about the current exhibition, membership, and scheduled programs at CMATO.
- When needed, enforce rules that ensure the safety of visitors and also of the artworks on display.
- Assist with processing memberships or any special projects, as needed.
- Friendly, sociable and energetic.
- Interested in art.
- Excellent communication skills; comfortable speaking to individuals and large groups (adults and children).
- Previous experience in a client-facing capacity and/or a cultural organization preferred.
- Basic computer skills; comfortable using an iPad or Tablet.
During peak times or special events standing for extended periods of time may be required.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Please send a resume and a brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
CMATO aims to engage, educate, inspire, and elevate the human spirit through the palette of Art. It serves as a steward of our artistic and cultural heritage that:
- Introduces and showcases unique and influential art.
- Promotes engagement opportunities in the visual arts.
- Provides art experiences that are relevant, vibrant, unique and thought-provoking.
- Offers technologically advanced inclusive opportunities to view and experience art.
- Provides art experiences and education for audiences of diverse cultures, ages and abilities.
- Aims to be a significant cultural destination for locals and tourists.