Los Angeles, CA
Nicodim Gallery, a prominent international contemporary art gallery with locations in Los Angeles and Bucharest, is hiring a paid intern ($14.25/hr) for our new Los Angeles location. An internship at Nicodim Los Angeles is a part-time position. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, motivated, and detail-oriented individual who seeks valuable experience working in an international art gallery.
- 3-month commitment, with the possibility of extending
- 3 days per week
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Open/Close gallery
- Support the daily operations of all staff members
- Answer phone
- Greet visitors
- File documents
- Host opening receptions and events alongside gallery staff
- Assist in the design of newsletters, invitations, etc.
- Update mailing list with emails from the sign-in book(s)
- Create and schedule social media postings on facebook, instagram, etc.
- Clip artist press
- Update Website: CVs, artist pages, news section
- Maintain organization of the server
- Assist management of gallery inventory
- Maintain updated artist folders: CVs, client installs, inventory images, etc.
- Occasionally lift heavy objects
- Maintain bathroom and kitchen supplies
- Familiarity with and an interest in contemporary art
- Excellent communication skills; both phone and email etiquette
- Valid driver's license and reliable mode of transportation
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and multitask
- Ability to prioritize tasks on a daily basis
- Well versed in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Prior experience with data entry preferred
We are open from Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm. The selected candidate must be available two to three days during the week, and additionally for openings and other events.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter as a single PDF (can be multiple pages within one PDF file) to: email@example.com, with “gallery intern” in the email subject line. Please no phone calls or in-person inquiries.