Los Angeles County Museum of Art
Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles County Museum of Art is seeking a Gallery Lighting Designer to join our Exhibition Design and Production team. Reporting to the Manager of Gallery Construction, this position is a critical member of LACMA’s lighting staff and supports the Exhibitions program at the museum. This position is responsible for all aspects of the installation and maintenance of gallery lighting for all LACMA art spaces.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Translation of exhibition designs, curatorial ideas, and artist concepts into lighting plots for a variety of art exhibitions and installations..
- Maintenance of lamp and fixture inventory while adhering to project budgets.
- Working in coordination with Designers, Curators, and Construction teams to meet exhibition requirements and deadlines.
- Working in coordination with Conservation team to meet light level requirement of a variety of artwork.
- Working closely with Facilities to adhere to strict architectural, electrical, and fire codes.
. Programming gallery lighting system.
- Provide exceptional interpersonal skills; develop and foster long standing relationships with colleagues, artists, consultants, and contractors.
Job Requirements include
- Graduate degree or Bachelor’s degree in Theatrical Lighting Design or related field, or professional experience equivalent in art lighting, theater, theme park, film or video.
- Knowledge of current LED lamp and lens technologies and strategies.
- Museum experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural and electrical drawings.
- Familiarity with architectural design software (CAD, Revit).
- Ability to carry up to 50 pounds, to work safely on ladders, and to perform duties at heights over twenty-five feet. Previous experience operating lifts required.
- Comfort and ease while working with a wide range of personalities in a creative environment.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send Resume and applicable information to: [email protected]