Los Angeles, CA
Galerie XII is a fine art gallery located in the mid-Wilshire area specializing in contemporary photography. The gallery was founded in Paris in 2007, the Los Angeles space opened in 2018.
We are seeking a full-time Gallery Manager to start December 2019 – January 2020.
This is a full-time Tuesday-Saturday position with some schedule flexibility necessary for special events, openings and fairs. The position requires marketing and curatorial skills and an ability to coordinate multiple over-lapping projects independently with attention to detail and time management.
The Gallery owner spends several months each year at the Paris Gallery so the candidate must be self-motivated and feel comfortable working without a permanent physical supervision.
The main roles of the position include:
- Exhibition preparation, coordination and sales (5-6 shows/year)
- Art Fair preparation, coordination and sales (2-3 fairs/year)
- Promotion and sale of the works in exhibition with walk-in public and collector appointments
- Widening the collectors base, connecting with curators, reaching out to Art advisors
- Artist discussion and follow-up
- Working on Press Releases, catalogs, e-newsletters (Mailchimp), marketing materials and website and social media
- Management of the Inventory and Contacts Database
- Assist at openings and special events
- Oversee exhibition calendar and installation
- Light art handling and storage tasks
- BA 4 Year Degree in relevant field (Art History, Art, Photography, etc.)
- 3+ years of gallery experience in exhibition and sales focused roles
- Experience with database management, fine art sales, art fairs
- Knowledge of the Los Angeles area market and significant collectors and institutions
- Knowledge of the history of photography and its place in contemporary art
- Experience with newsletter marketing, PR initiatives, and social media
- Strong interest in a gallery career and the desire to grow with the gallery
- Extremely organized, autonomous and personable demeanor.
- French Speaking a plus but not required.
Timing/Duration: Ideally the position should start working early January 2020 at the latest with a minimum commitment of two years.
Hours: Full-time, Tuesday-Saturday, 10:00am – 6:00pm.
Please email a Resume and Cover Letter w/ professional references and starting date availability to [email protected].
Salary commensurate with experience.