Los Angeles, CA
Kopeikin Gallery, an established gallery with an international reputation, in Los Angeles for over 27 years, seeks a full-time Gallery Manager/Director to work directly with the owner and part time preparators and interns. You must be a self-starter and comfortable working alone. Gallery hours are 11 am – 5 pm, Tuesday – Saturday plus occasional openings and events.
- Work directly with clients, advisors, press, curators, and institutions Conduct sales, plan exhibitions and organize art fairs
- Create and coordinate press releases and kits
- Promote the Gallery and its artists via personal outreach and social media
- Manage Gallery website and online sales outlets; Artsy
- Greet individuals and assist them with inquiries
- Manage exhibition and print documentation and relevant archival material
- Create and manage consignment and loan agreements
- Light “Preparator” responsibilities: Pack, ship and track incoming and outgoing artwork
- Live within 30 minute driving distance to Gallery Degree in Art History or Fine Arts preferred
- A desire to curate non-photographic and photographic exhibitions
- A year or more Contemporary art experience, preferably including sales.
- Ability to take initiative and to multi-task Experience with Apple operating system, Word, InDesign, Photoshop, and FileMaker
- A good sense of humor and a positive progressive attitude toward life.
Salary is commensurate with experience
Candidates should email [email protected] with resume and cover letter.
Do you like this post?