Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: General Management Associate
REPORTS TO: Producing Director
WORK SCHEDULE: Full time
BENEFIT STATUS: Eligible
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, it has entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. As Center Theatre Group enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists—while making Los Angeles a global destination for theatre lovers and creators alike.
The General Management Associate provides full support to the Producing Director while working closely with the General Managers and Associate General Managers and engaging fully in the varied functions performed by Center Theatre Group’s Management Team.
- Administer and facilitate the daily movement of the high volume of information and communication flowing through Producing Director’s office
- Schedule and coordinate conference calls for various committees and Ahmanson shows.
- Coordinate and implement Producing Director’s business travel.
- Maintain and coordinate Producing Director’s appointment calendar.
- Work closely with the Ahmanson Theatre General Manager and visiting Company Managers on general and company management duties and perform some specific company management duties as requested by the Ahmanson Theatre General Manager.
- Maintain effective communication with Stage Managers, Company Managers, General Managers and Producers during all stages of Ahmanson shows.
- Works closely and regularly with Ahmanson Theatre General Manager to provide support and coverage, e.g., preparing weekly show payrolls, generating artist agreements, and preparing settlements for Ahmanson theatre presentations.
- Support the CTG Management team, coordinating and scheduling Department meetings, and performing various general and company management duties in support of the Mark Taper Forum and Kirk Douglas Theatre as requested.
- Handle sale and tracking of management house seats for the Ahmanson Theatre.
- Request and arrange for house seats to Broadway and regional shows for CTG Senior Staff.
- Plan, budget and manage Special Events as requested; participate actively in event strategy meetings, facilitating requests from CTG departments for appearances from visiting artists
- Maintain Producing Director’s files for upcoming and current productions, seasons, etc.
- Prepare and track paperwork related to CTG’s Broadway investment fund, including distribution of investment returns, and communicate updates to key CTG stakeholders.
- Manage production calendar for Ahmanson Theatre planning meetings. When requested, attend planning meetings with executive leadership and record minutes. Organize, prepare and maintain the General Management shared office files, archive files and inventory/storage logistics for all of these files in coordination with the Ahmanson General Manager.
- As requested, and in coordination with Producing Director and CTG General Managers, create visiting artist deal memos and agreements, and production contract attachments (Performance Schedules, Price Scales, and Gross Potential).
- Research, coordinate and complete membership surveys such as those from League of Resident Theatres (LORT), Broadway League, Independent Presenters Network (IPN), Theatre Communications Group (TCG), and National Alliance for Musical Theatre (NAMT) for Management and other Departments.
- Generate check requests for CTG management/production invoices.
- Reconcile Producing Director’s credit cards. Collect back-up receipts and facilitate coding for Finance.
- Answer incoming phone calls and occasional emails for Producing Director, assist in the creation of Producing Director’s correspondence, and generally facilitate communication between Producing Director and CTG departments.
- Answer occasional incoming phone calls and emails from the general public.
- Arrange for parking and ID badges both for Producing Director’s and Ahmanson Theatre production/presentation needs, in addition to updating and researching the Ahmanson Theatre “Welcome Packets” for out-of-town guest artists and distributing parking and ID passes and welcome packets as necessary.
- Interface with House Manager and Audience Services as required for patron related issues/concerns.
- Cultivate and maintain relations with vendors.
- Assess and collect weekly Broadway League dues from touring Company managers.
- Read and analyze news items for Producing Director’s knowledge.
- In addition to wraps and advance sales reports, gather various reports using Tessitura software.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Correspond with the Music Center regarding use of the Ahmanson Theatre; coordinate seating configuration and scheduling.
- Coordinate occasional backstage tours for donors, special guests, etc.
- When requested, organize materials for union collective bargaining agreement negotiations.
- Cover readings, workshops and productions of CTG and non CTG plays and musicals occasionally and when requested.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
- Knowledge and essential skills
- 2 years office/assistant experience is required, with preference given to those who have previously worked in a theatre company.
- Computer Proficiency (specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook).
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills,
- Fundamental familiarity with accounting practices and willingness to develop accounting skills.
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Team Player; sense of humor.
- Minimum requirements: Essential functions and abilities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends as needed.
- Strong organizational, budgeting, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to lead tour groups through the backstage, house and lobby of the theatres.
- Education, Experience and Licensing
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Theatre general management or company management experience strongly preferred.
- Strong Interest in pursuing a career in Arts Management.
- Knowledge of plays and players is essential.
- Knowledge of Tessitura software preferred.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating paid vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays. Full-time employees receive full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirement to: [email protected]
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.