J. Paul Getty Museum
Los Angeles, CA
General Staff Assistant
Requisition Number 2018-3312
The J. Paul Getty Museum seeks a highly organized, responsible and flexible individual to provide general services and administrative support to the Department of Photographs at the Getty Center. The successful candidate will be proficient with Microsoft Office applications, must be flexible and able to work on several projects at once, and provide a variety of clerical duties for the department.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Reads and prioritizes incoming mail. Handles or routes as appropriate.
- Sets up and maintains hard copy and/or electronic files and records, with an emphasis on assembling binders that document exhibitions organized by curatorial staff.
- Composes a variety of correspondence from verbal directions or from knowledge of department/program policy or procedures.
- Types and proofs correspondence, memoranda, reports, proposals, presentations, other documents and related materials for a supervisor or department/program staff.
- Answers phones, takes messages, screens calls and/or provides routine information in accordance with department/program policies and procedures.
- Maintains calendar(s), schedules and confirms meetings, study room appointments and arranges for travel, facilities, equipment, parking, catering and other related details.
- Makes travel arrangements for supervisor or department/program staff.
- Assists supervisor or department/program staff in the collection of various materials and data for special reports and special projects, including but not limited to budget preparation.
- Provides assistance in the day-to-day administration of the department/program.
- Oversees equipment and office supply inventories, initiates service requests and supply orders.
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum 2-3 years related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software (Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) and email applications (Microsoft Office Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to follow through and complete assigned tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
We offer a first-class work environment and excellent benefits on your first day of employment including:
- Medical (choice of 3 health plans and dependent coverage available)
- Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation, sick and personal time
- Employee Retirement Savings Program, includes an employer contribution and match
- Free Fitness Center on-site
- Life Insurance
- Direct deposit, rideshare program, EAP and more
- Alternate work week with every other Friday off
For additional information about this position or to apply, please visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3312/general-services-assistant/job EOE.