The Getty Foundation fulfills the philanthropic mission of the Getty Trust by supporting individuals and institutions committed to advancing the greater understanding and preservation of the visual arts in Los Angeles and throughout the world. Through strategic grant initiatives, the Foundation strengthens art history as a global discipline, promotes the interdisciplinary practice of conservation, increases access to museum and archival collections, and develops current and future leaders in the visual arts.
The Program Assistant will provide programmatic assistance to Senior Program Officer responsible for national and international grant initiatives relating to the field of academic art history from grant development to application review and approval, and grant monitoring through grant closure. This is one of two Program Assistant positions available. To view the other position, please refer to requisition no. 2022-3976. Please note there are slightly different qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities for each position.
A writing sample is required to apply for this position. Please either include a link or attach a one-page writing sample (such as blog posts, reviews, social media postings, essays, etc.) to the end of your resume before uploading.
Major Job Responsibilities
Job duties include:
- Tracking of grant applications from initial development through review and award process;
- Drafting of grant recommendations;
- Corresponding with grantees;
- Monitoring grant reports, including budgets;
- Updating data in digital content management systems;
- Supporting research for new and existing grant initiatives;
- Evaluating grant projects and initiatives.
- May also include working on internship programs, including review committee and intern events.
BA, Art History or related field
Masters in Art History, Architectural History, Archaeology or related field preferred
Minimum three years work experience in a non-profit cultural or educational organization
All employees must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as a condition of employment. Exemptions from this requirement as a reasonable accommodation due to medical contraindication, disability, or sincerely held religious belief or practice will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Able to prioritize and multi-task
- Excellent writing ability
- Research and project management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, consultants, and grantees
- Experience with relational databases, content management, digital or electronic systems
- Knowledge of grant-making preferred
- Reading knowledge of a foreign language a plus
Apply here by 9/30/22.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.