Global Media Makers
Los Angeles, CA
No phone calls nor direct emails please!
Global Media Makers LA Residency PA
August 12 – Nov 22, 2019
Full Time Temporary Position
The Global Media Makers (GMM) LA Residency PA provides administrative and production support for the GMM Operations Team in producing the six-week LA Residency for up to 18 filmmakers from GMM program countries. Global Media Makers is a cultural exchange program designed to foster relationships between American and international film professionals. It is an innovative mentoring initiative that connects visual storytellers from around the world with U.S. entertainment professionals through specially tailored mentorships, workshops and master classes. The program is a partnership between Film Independent and the U.S Department of State.
Reporting to Global Media Makers Senior Manager, the GMM LA Residency PA supports all administrative and programming aspects for the GMM six-week LA Residency that begins October 1, 2019.
- Provide general assistance and support for the Senior Manager and LA Residency Program Production on the Operations Team.
- Support the program with tech needs by setting up workshops and class sessions, assess and aide in technical support (i.e. set up TV to screen clips or connect to a laptop) as well as seeking outside technical support when needed.
- Work with the production coordinator to execute needs in the daily program event keys for all sessions, field trips and events
- Order and arrange for office supplies and crafty in the production offices, making sure all staff has supplies they need to execute sessions.
- Order and arrange for catering and food pick up for sessions, mentors and staff.
- Assist in arranging and creating documents and grids for operations and productions on program Google Drive.
- Assist in creating accounts and obtaining quotes from local vendors for office rental needs (i.e. laptops, cell phones, additional furniture, etc.).
- Liaised between program office space and staff for various questions regarding day to day operational support – i.e. booked conference rooms, registering guests, parking, placing support tickets when necessary.
- Arrange for staff, guest and mentor parking. Create parking process and instructions for staff and guests.
- Support operations & events in setting up various receptions and special events.
- Run various errands as needed for staff (particularly to and from WeWork office space in Hollywood and Film Independent).
- Provide support for the Collaborative Workshop and VR Productions.
- Support production coordinator with productions, making sure Fellows have the production gear they need for their individual shoots
- Handle equipment requests with vendors, and pick up and return of equipment
- Assist with program accounting:
- Create and submit check requests in a timely fashion. Following up when necessary
- Liaise between GMM staff and Film Independent accountant for any sort of accounting needs
- Assist in logging and coding expenses to track the budget
- Organize and maintain all receipts and back up GMM accounting binders
- Must have a car and valid driver’s license
- Must have 1-2 years of experience on production as an office or set PA
- Comfortable lifting heavy boxes and items
- Organized and detail oriented, able to accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent communication skills in reporting completed duties and resolving issues with a team
Please send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Please no calls.