Building Bridges Art Exchange
Los Angeles, CA
About Building Bridges Art Exchange:
Building Bridges Art Exchange is a charitable non-profit 501(c)3 arts organization established in 2005. BBAX is dedicated to actively engaging diverse artists, leaders, audiences, and supporters through our mission of cultivating cultural understanding through the arts. Building Bridges is a platform that enables artists from across the globe to connect, engage in peaceful dialogue, and create narratives that explore political issues and social movements which impact different regions of the world. We work in partnership with museums, galleries, Ministries of Culture, cultural art centers, arts organizations, and foundations from around the world. Our current space in Santa Monica’s Bergamot Arts Center offers rotating exhibitions from around the world, artist residencies, as well as lectures, and workshops as part of our educational program. Diversity is at the core of our organizational values. Over the years, we have hosted 100’s of artists from over 34 countries.
For more information, visit www.buildingbridgesartexchange.org.
We are looking to hire a part-time Grant Writer to write grant proposals for our non-profit contemporary arts organization. The Grant Writer will write coherent, organized and compelling proposals. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organization to assist with other fundraising projects, and develop relationships and positive communication with potential funders. Candidate needs to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods and be committed to our mission. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to organization’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of organization’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of development department's strategy.
- Identifying and researching grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting and managing grant proposals.
- Providing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with Executive Director and Director of Exhibitions to send funders updates/newsletters, and to promote on-site tours when needed.
- Collaborating with Executive Director and Director of Exhibitions to compile an annual report.
- Maintaining all necessary records.
Grant Writer Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in creative writing or related field.
- 2+ years grant writing experience.
- Proficient with measuring and reaching organizational income goals.
- Proficient with Google Drive, Docs and Spreadsheets, and MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong people skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Position available March 2020
Position: Part time
Please submit a cover letter and resume to : [email protected] – subject: Grant Writer