Skirball Cultural Center
Los Angeles, CA
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks a Grant Writer for its Advancement department. This full-time position reports to the Vice President of Advancement. The Grant Writer is a vital member of the Advancement team, responsible for compelling writing that is responsive to Skirball priorities and funding requirements. The Grant Writer will contribute to the Skirball’s robust fundraising efforts with philanthropists, foundations, corporations, and government entities, inspiring their impassioned support for the Skirball’s mission, social justice, the arts, and education.
- Develop grant proposals, reports, budgets, and necessary supporting materials.
- Write major donor acknowledgments and correspondence, exhibition and program prospectuses, and other Advancement department communications.
- Gather and analyze data and information to support grant and report preparation.
- In collaboration with program colleagues, clarify priorities, goals, and objectives for impactful proposals.
- In collaboration with Membership Manager, assist with writing membership promotions and materials.
- Assist Vice President, Advancement, in maintaining excellent communications, relationships, and networks with representatives of funding sources.
- Maintain the grants calendar to monitor application processes, deadlines, reports, and grant compliance.
- Research available grants from diverse sources of funding.
- Initiate, attend meetings, and develop relationships with potential new funding sources when appropriate.
- Maintain records in donor database, completing prospect plans and recording proposals and acknowledgments.
- Attend grant writing, funder, and donor database webinars/workshops.
- Participate in major donor cultivation events and Skirball-wide programs.
- Work evenings and weekends on occasion and as requested to represent the Skirball at community events.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
- Three years successful nonprofit grant writing experience.
- Undergraduate degree in English, communications, fundraising, or similar field and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent IT tool proficiency and demonstrated ability to utilize Office 365 applications and Altru, or equivalent donor database software.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Skirball’s mission to welcome the stranger and help build a more just society.
- Salary range begins at $60,000
Please send resume and cover letter, preferably by email, to:
Re: Grant Writer
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
FAX: (310) 440‐4595