Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum
Los Angeles, CA
TITLE: Grants Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance, Producing Artistic Director, Grants/Education Director
JOB TYPE: Part time/hourly
Start Date: 12/20/18
TO APPLY: send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to Elizabeth Tobias at email@example.com.
The Grants Manager works with the Director of Finance, Producing Artistic Director and Education/Grants Director to target, apply for and manage awards of public and private foundation grants to support all aspects of Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum programming.
DETAILED JOB DESCRIPTION
- Keep an ongoing and accurate grant history list
- Liaison with web and print to be certain all funders are properly acknowledged in accordance with best practices and any grant-specific requirements
- Research any potential grant opportunities and report/make recommendations to Directors
- Maintain relationships with previous and potential foundation program officers and contacts through face to face meetings and online contact.
- Attend all site visits.
- Write and submit all aspects of any grants that are determined to be a good fit for an aspect of the organization’s programming, capital improvement, community outreach or growth including, but not limited to, schedules, narratives, budgets, organization mission/history, etc.
- Include DofF, AD and E/GD, as well as any other appropriate Program Managers or Project Coordinators on drafts to receive feedback and notes
- Manage deliverables and thank you notes for any grants awarded
- Plan and maintain grant calendars each year
- Assist in budget planning as relates to expected awards for each FY
- Stay in communication with Development Director to determine appropriate department for Family Foundations based on individual requirements
- Communicate grant awards to all appropriate staff and Board members
- Oversee Grants Associate and seasonal interns to assist with growth of the department
- Update Patron Manager to accurately reflect grants received and maintain database contact with historical and potential funders
- Seek panel feedback, where available, for grants not awarded in order to improve future chances and streamline efficiency of department
- Attend seminars, conferences, meetings, etc. as appropriate and available in order to keep Theatricum present at key funding tables