Symphonic Jazz Orchestra
Los Angeles, CA
Symphonic Jazz Orchestra is hiring!
Created in 2002, the Symphonic Jazz Orchestra (SJO), based in Los Angeles, is a non-profit organization dedicated to perpetuating the genre of symphonic jazz through performing and commissioning new symphonic jazz works, and inspiring the next generations of listeners through its Music in the Schools and Community Outreach programs.
The SJO has served over 70,000 students and families across Los Angeles County through in-school residencies and outreach concert activities. For more information visit www.SJOmusic.org
Grantwriter/Development Manager – Part-Time
The Symphonic Jazz Orchestra Grantwriter/Dev. Manager position is a flexible, part-time position averaging 12 – 14 hrs. a week. The candidate is responsible for supporting and contributing to the organization’s fundraising via foundation and government grant writing, research and development, along with grant reporting. Candidate will be part of a four-person part-time staff, attending weekly staff meetings and assisting with a limited number of special events and concerts.
- Oversee organization’s foundation and government grants to ensure renewals and research and pursue new potential funders.
- Write, edit, and synchronize timely submission of LOIs and grant proposals coordinating with the Music Director
- Prepare and update necessary supporting documents for grant applications to include documents such as budgets, letters of support, and other required forms
Qualifications and Skills
- 4+ years of successful nonprofit grant writing, managing and leveraging foundation relationships and prospect research. Experience in grants for arts organizations and Grant Professionals Certification (GPC) a plus.
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of nonprofit grant writing, outcomes and financial reporting requirements
- Outstanding grammar and research skills required
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Bachelor’s degree
Salary commensurate with experience