GRAPHIC DESIGNER - PART TIME
Glendale Arts is a nonprofit organization which integrates the arts into the identity, growth, and economic vitality of the City of Glendale by presenting programming and creating partnerships that benefit youth, patrons, artists, organizations, and businesses in the community and at the Alex Theatre.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer for our first annual Arts & Music Fest as well as corresponding, year round projects. The primary responsibility of the candidate is to collaborate with the Festival Director to develop and drive innovative solutions for all digital and printed design projects, including collateral/grassroots marketing materials and other projects as needed. This position will help lead the overall design efforts and will be accountable for ideation, concept development, branding and production assistance. Lastly, the Graphic Designer is responsible for communicating and presenting design concepts to internal teams – leading strategic design concepts into finished projects.
● Collaborate with the Festival Director to develop and drive innovative solutions for the festival and other project initiatives. Ensure that solutions connect with the targeted audiences and result in a consistent brand message.
● Understand audience, marketing and business knowledge insights and incorporate into ideation, concept development, and execution.
● Oversee the design, layout, and production of all elements supporting marketing efforts (including website, social media, collateral, etc.).
● Bachelor’s Diploma/Degree in Graphic/Visual/Communication Design
● Minimum 2+ years of experience in visual design.
● Proficient with Adobe CS6/CC with an emphasis on Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign (AfterEffects knowledge is a plus)
● Working knowledge of pre press, printing processes, silkscreens, etc.
● Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
● Demonstrated skill in collateral design
● Demonstrated leadership capability
● Strong organizational, problem solving, and time management skills
● Strong oral and written communication skills
● The ability to provide detailed specifications, mockups/prototypes, and style guides
Send a PDF portfolio (5MB max), link to website, CV, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, no followup calls or emails.