Santa Ana, CA
In direct support of the Bowers Museum’s mission to Enrich lives through the world’s finest arts and cultures, Education at the Bowers Museum seeks to promote cross-cultural understanding by sharing the human stories found within the world’s greatest arts and cultures and connecting them to the stories of our visitors and their own current and local communities through exploration of our world class exhibitions, engaging public programming, impactful educational opportunities and access to meaningful community interaction within a safe and architecturally impactful space.
Position Title: Group Tours Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Director of Education
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
The Group Tours Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of booking and scheduling visits to the museum for schools, youth groups, colleges, universities, adult and senior groups; and, promoting and selling tours to current and new audiences. This position is responsible for database management, contract development, accounts receivable, client correspondence and scheduling personnel appropriate to successfully service each tour.
- Coordinate the museum’s group tour program
- Book tours via scheduling software such as Vista, Artifax, ACME, Excel, Filemaker or other integrated software, and by email and phone as necessary
- Maintain and communicate touring calendar for Docents
- Serve as main group tour point of contact with local partners, organizations and schools
- Keep up a consistent and efficient confirmation and invoicing system
- Prepare monthly tour reports of sales and attendance
- Conserve school tour grant fund distribution, evaluate and report information
- Assist group tour leaders with questions regarding payment procedures, tour guidelines and policies
- Keep consistent communication with Visitor Services for smooth facilitation of visiting groups
- Collaborate closely with all museum departments to formulate and implement strategies and tactics to better achieve group sales goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Conduct all responsibilities in a safe manner according to regulations (OSHA, IIPP, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in communications, tourism, marketing, humanities, museum studies or
education with previous experience working in a museum environment preferred.
- Using scheduling software such as Vista, Artifax, ACME, Filemaker and Microsoft Office Suite
- Prior group sales booking in the arts, education, tourism or entertainment industry
- Leading gallery tours and/or working with museum docents
- Marketing, including social media, print media, email newsletters, and other digital content
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Passion for museums and the cultural arts
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities; flexibility
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with industry terms and processes
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in using new technologies
- Good interpersonal skills and desire to be a team player
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent written communication skills (i.e. business letter writing, grammar, etc.)
- Excellent oral communication skills (i.e. ability to deal effectively with people, speak professionally, etc.)
- Ability to work weekends and extended hours as needed
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]; no phone calls.