Annenberg Space for Photography
Los Angeles, CA
GUEST SERVICES ASSOCIATE- Immediate Hire for Temporary position through end of 2019.
Annenberg Space for Photography
Los Angeles, CA 90067
You are responsible for creating a memorable guest experience at the Annenberg Space for Photography (ASP) by being the first direct point of contact with all visitors, including but not limited to: Walk-up guests, tour groups, VIPs, and Directors, ensuring a best-in-class guest experience at the facility. This position is temporary (through beginning of January, 2020), but there is the opportunity to be hired fulltime as positions open up.
Work Schedule: Four (4) days a week for 27.5 hrs. Two (2) days from Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, plus both Saturday and Sunday. Shifts are generally between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm.
- Responsible for handling visitor access and hospitality at the front desk and throughout the Photography Space.
- Provides visitor greeting and orientation and serves as public access point for the Photography Space’s other departments (Events, Operations, Talent & Content, Communications and Retail)
- Proactively, positively, and professionally answers questions from walk-in guests, tours, and guests phoning in. Provides relevant information concerning photography and exhibits at the Photography Space. Takes comprehensive phone messages and ensures that the Front Desk is responsive to issues and requests.
- Constantly monitors the visitor experience to meet visitor needs and requests, including proactively helping visitors have a full and enjoyable experience. Proposes suggestions to management for solutions to continually improve this experience.
- Monitors maintenance issues, including the operation of the technology and facilities to regularly report to management staff.
- Responds quickly, effectively, and professionally to challenging situations with the public, with the ultimate goal of ensuring visitor security and safety.
- Takes particular care of visitors with special needs (e.g., handicap access, etc.
- Assist with visitor merchandise sales processed through the Front Desk and effectively use POS system in ASP (i.e. sales, discounts, voids and returns).
- During regular events, consistently and successfully executes event plans, while still exercising flexibility due to unpredictable circumstances. Assist with check-in and execution of weekly lecture series.
- Maintain work areas i.e. front desk, storage and areas assigned by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
We are looking for friendly, motivated, outgoing, self-starters and team players with a genuine interest in photography and interacting with people.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage several projects at once
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and efficient manner
- Deep understanding of the Photography Space’s vision and programs
- A passion for the arts and a commitment of service to the community
- Availability and willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Visual merchandising, restocking and straightening inventory.
- Ongoing review of merchandise levels and general house-keeping of retail area
- Assist with inventory counts as assigned
If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.