Kings and Clowns DBA Arts Alive
South Bay & Los Angeles, CA
Position: Guitar Teaching Artist
Location: Gardena, Carson, Long Beach, and South LA
Kings and Clowns DBA Arts Alive is hiring for a part-time Group Guitar Teaching Artists for after-school programs in the South Bay and South Los Angeles. Guitar teacher with Keyboard teaching experience a plus!
About the Organization:
Kings and Clowns DBA Arts Alive provides a creative platfo3rm for educational training to young people in music and performing arts. Every effort is made to ensure every child has access to arts education in our after-school in the South Bay and Los Angeles. We are a small, efficiently run nonprofit arts education organization that works closely with their teaching artists.
All of our teachers must be:
- Prepared to be fingerprinted, Virtus certified, and TB tested upon hire
- Prompt and flexible
- Highly motivated and a team player
- Willing to learn and grow with the organization
- Passionate towards educating young people
- Prepared to teach lessons to the California VAPA standards on lesson plans
- Equipped with a vehicle or reliable transportation
- Ability to control class with management tactics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Located within 20 minutes of the South Bay/Westside area
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in education, arts education/administration/management, or related field
- Experience with K-8 schools and California VAPA standards a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Highly organized, a self-starter and able to prioritize, track projects and meet deadlines
- Able to solve problems and recommend alternatives to promote program effectiveness
Visit kingsandclowns.com for more information on curriculum.
- Independent contractor will be scheduled for after-school classes between 2:30 and 6:00pm for up to 12 hours per week.
- Work and training outside normal business hours is rare but flexibility is expected.
Send your resume with two references, cover letter, photo/headshot to [email protected].
Interview will be conducted during early December. Candidates will be asked to demonstrate classroom teaching. The chosen teacher must be prepared to teach 3-4 afternoons and early evenings per week. Training and Staff Development will follow.