18th Street Arts Center
Los Angeles, CA
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum 1-2 days a week of 16+ hours a week. We are able to give you a schedule 2 weeks or more in advance.
LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA.
COMPENSATION: We pay $20/hr and reimburse for auto use.
POSITION OVERVIEW: 18th Street Arts Center has a steady handyman gig for an independent contractor, with contemporary art experience. 18th Street Arts Center is the largest, continuously running artist residency program in Southern California. Our mission is to provoke public dialogue through contemporary art making. We have an artist Residency Program and Exhibition Program. With a 30 year history, 18th Street has supported thousands of artists through our programs.
The ideal candidate has light building maintenance and art preparator experience, has their own tools, vehicle, and is available 1-2 days per week. (16+ hrs). The individual will perform light maintenance tasks at 18th Street’s Santa Monica properties such as:
- maintain apartment interiors, paint/patch walls, change lights, repair furniture, doors and windows
- Prep gallery for installation of art works, setup and breakdown tables/chairs at events
- 5+ yrs handyman experience
- Ability to move up too 100 lbs
- Own tools and vehicle
- Able to schedule 1-4 weeks out
- Familiar with art galleries, artist studio practice
- Experience setting up A/V for small events (50 ppl)
TO APPLY: To be considered, please send a brief letter introducing yourself, a link to your business, and list of 3 references to this link.