Los Angeles, CA
Film Independent has an immediate opening for a Head of Corporate Sponsorship. Interested candidates send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
No phone calls nor direct emails please!
Head of Corporate Sponsorship
Reports to: Senior Director of Development
The Head of Corporate Sponsorship is responsible for generating revenue through identifying, cultivating, soliciting, negotiating and securing new corporate sponsors while maintaining long-term relationships with existing funders who support the strategic growth of the organization. This staff member will work closely with our broadcast partner, IFC, on securing sponsors for the Film Independent Spirit Awards. The position will also identify and secure in-kind corporate contributions to off-set significant organizational expenses. In addition, they will work in collaboration with the Director of Marketing to explore cause marketing and workplace giving opportunities. The Head of Corporate Sponsorship will be a creative multitasker capable of managing a variety of initiatives and coming up with innovative ideas that create opportunities for corporate sponsors to support the Spirit Awards, Film Independent Presents, and a robust slate of youth programming (Future Filmmakers), Film Education, Artist Development and International Initiatives. The Head of Corporate Sponsorship participates as a member of the senior management team, which is responsible for the overall management of the organization.
- Lead partnership and fundraising efforts from corporate brands (excluding film & television industry specific companies and organizations)
- Set clear and defined tasks and projects for two support staff members dedicated to Corporate Sponsorship fundraising and fulfillment
- Work as a collaborative member of a full Development team with a Corporate Sponsorship fundraising goal of $3M, plus $250k in budget off-setting products and services
- Meet or exceed revenue goals by prospecting new funders and cultivating existing funders to secure contributions that support the organization’s mission and programs
- Work closely with Development colleagues focused on giving from individuals, foundations and industry to leverage mutual relationships to engage new funders and expand engagement with existing funders
- Direct all aspects of prospect research, engagement, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate sponsors
- Close sponsorship deals and negotiate agreements
- Improve benefits structures and collateral/sales materials designed to increase the organization's funding, including event sponsorship opportunities and content monetization
- Ensure new corporate sponsorship programs are meaningful, mutually beneficial and sustainable for all parties involved.
- Head efforts for the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate sponsors offering budget off-setting trade in advertising, venues, equipment, travel, product and other needs
- Ensure accurate contact information for corporate brands, decision makers, actions and secured revenues are tracked in organizational database.
- Oversee creation of collateral/sales materials for event sponsorship opportunities and content monetization
- Track and monitor sponsorship sales industry and best practices to share news and trends with colleagues
- Supervise fulfillment of promised deliverables to sponsors, including pre-event and on-site sponsor management
- Utilize Film Independent events and program successes to engage new corporate sponsors
- Other duties, as assigned
Competencies and Expertise:
- Must lead by example
- A strong dedication to Film Independent and its values, including a passion for independent visual storytelling and fostering inclusion in the film industry
- Exceptional fundraising, sales and closing abilities
- Strong understanding of corporate event sponsorship and advertising
- Experience working in a non-profit environment required
- Strong relationship building and maintaining skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a professional presence
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- A high level of initiative and enthusiasm and a bias for action
- A team player with the ability to work under pressure with all personalities at various levels
- A positive attitude and ability to adapt
- Integrity and creativity
- Experience with Raisers Edge or similar database preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
About Film Independent:
Film Independent’s mission is to champion creative independence in visual storytelling and support a community of artists who embody diversity, innovation and uniqueness of vision. Our organization was founded on the belief that the stories told in film and television should reflect the diversity that surrounds us. Our Board of Directors, staff and community are all comprised of an inclusive group of filmmakers and film lovers across ability, age, ethnicity, gender, race and sexual orientation.