L.A. Dance Project
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles-based performing arts organization seeks a part-time House Manager to manage Front of House operations at our performance space. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a quick problem solver, organized, and able to delegate tasks. He/she must have a comprehensive understanding of and experience with managing box office, coordinating and recruiting volunteers, and tracking merchandise and concession sales. In addition, the House manager must be capable of working in a busy and fast-paced environment. Ideal candidate will have excellent organizational skills, ability to work on a large variety of tasks with a strong work ethic matched only by their flexibility, and sense of humor!
- Recruit volunteers to work box office, merchandise and concession stands, and other necessary front of house duties
- Ensure proper setup of merchandise and concessions before opening the space to the public
- Train volunteers on ticket management and collection, and merchandise, food and beverage transactions
- Provide updates on when doors open and usher/manage late patrons after show starts
- Maintain a clean, inviting, and professional atmosphere in the performance space and lobby
- Supervise and assist volunteers in preparing cash boxes and credit card devices, and stocking/preparing concession and merchandise items for sale, including alcoholic beverages
- Meet with volunteers before the space is open to the public and assign them positions with further explanation of their duties for the evening
- Tally total of merchandise and concession sales after performance and track changes in cash box
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Superior organization skills and able to delegate tasks to people in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to aptly track box office, merchandise, and concession sales
- Experience with Artful.ly and PayPal a plus
Applicants can send resumes and/or cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
L.A. DANCE PROJECT
L.A. Dance Project is a platform for the development, creation, support and presentation of world-class dance in Los Angeles. Comprised of an internationally acclaimed dance company, a performance space in LA’s Arts District and a program of media initiatives, LADP seeks to foster dance-centered artistic collaborations across all disciplines, cultures and communities in Los Angeles and around the globe.
Since its founding, the L.A. Dance Project company has toured and given master classes at international venues and festivals including the Holland Festival, the Edinburgh International Festival, La Maison de la Danse, the Saitama Arts Center, Sadler’s Wells Theatre, Shanghai and Beijing Opera House and Theatre du Chatelet. In the US, the company has performed at venues including Jacob’s Pillow, Brooklyn Academy of Music and New York City Center. In its home city of Los Angeles the company has performed at The Music Center’s Walt Disney Concert Hall, MOCA, Union Station, The Theatre at Ace Hotel, and The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts.
L.A. Dance Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.