The Blue Door
Culver City, CA
House Manager, The Blue Door
The Blue Door is a venue operated by CRE Outreach and is a dedicated home for artists of all backgrounds and abilities. Come inside the Blue Door and see how we're Transforming Lives...One Show at a Time! The Blue Door is located a couple of blocks from the heart of Culver City.
CRE Outreach is seeking a House Manager for The Blue Door, who will be responsible for representing our organization and venue in the local community, running box office and group sales, cultivating donors, compiling patron participation information, and maintaining communication with audiences, patrons, staff, and supporters in order to improve the quality of productions and the theater space.
The House Manager will coordinate all maintenance needs with Savoie Construction, who will handle all repairs as needed; coordinate the box office, group sales, and venue rentals; and coordinate between The Blue Door and other staff for marketing and development purposes.
- Cultivate donors by continually communicating with our audience members
- Coordinate rentals of the space
- Act as liaison to groups such as the Lions Clubs, groups that serve veterans and people with disabilities, and local colleges, churches, and senior citizen organizations to promote group sales and discounts for shows
- Coordinate cross promotions with local businesses, such as dinner + show discounts
- Coordinate with our Technical Manager on designing lights for shows
- Oversee the set-up for ticketing on our website for each show
- Supervise box office volunteers and production interns
- Coordinate marketing materials with marketing team
- Serve as an ambassador to promote The Blue Door at local Farmer’s Market, Chamber of Commerce events, etc.
- Develop after-performance patron surveys and coordinate the processing of information
- Ensure we have someone familiar with basic first aid for all performances
- Coordinate with program managers to ensure that facility is in good order before/after all workshops/rehearsals and before all performances
This position is part time with 5 – 15 hours per week at a rate of $20/hour.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Use “house manager” as the subject. Please submit materials no later than Wednesday, May 9, 2018.
To achieve our mission of transforming lives through the arts, CRE Outreach commits to championing policies and practices of cultural equity that empower a just, inclusive, equitable community. To that end, CRE Outreach is committed to ensuring that all people—including but not limited to those who have been historically underrepresented based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geography, citizenship status, or religion—are represented in the development of our staff, board, policies, program, participants, and audience members.