Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
Beverly Hills, CA
Department: Administration Department
Supervised By: Executive Director & CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The mission of the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts (aka “The Wallis”) is to create, present, and celebrate unique performing arts events and educational programs that reflect the rich cultural diversity of our community.
The Human Resources (HR) Manager is a dynamic and skilled HR professional who will oversee the development and implementation of all HR programs and services for the company, including talent acquisition, employee development, retention, legal compliance, compensation and benefits, labor/employee relations, employment practices and procedures, and employee communications.
· Bachelor’s Degree and 5–7 years in HR management experience as a generalist preferred.
· Expertise in best practices and methodology related to the operations of a HR Department; understanding principles of benefits administration, recruitment, selection, classification, compensation, employee relations, training and labor laws.
· Knowledge of principles and practices of HR administration; current Federal, State, and local employment law; principles of organization and management.
· Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
· Excellent negotiation, problem-solving, conflict-resolution skills.
· Ability to exercise the utmost confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive information and/or situations.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Thorough familiarity with Microsoft Office required. Experience with Paycom a plus.
· Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
· PHR or SPHR a plus.
· Ensure HR policies and compliance are applied consistently and comprehensively and that documentation is maintained. Revises, maintains and updates regularly the Employee Handbook and other HR publications.
· Advises supervisors and employees on policies and procedures related to personnel management; providing recommendations for training or additional actions as needed.
· Serves as management point of contact for employee claims for workers compensation, unemployment, paid family leave, disability, etc.
· Serves as point of contact for employee questions or complaints, including HR policies, benefits, reports of sexual harassment, or other misconduct by co-workers or supervisors.
· Conducts initial investigations and confers with legal counsel as appropriate.
· Offers consultation, facilitation and resolution strategies for workplace issues.
· Assists in communications between employees and supervisors. Provides assistance with all of the steps in the disciplinary action process.
· Coordinates employee social engagement and morale building activities.
· Works directly with managers to recruit, interview, select and hire staff, including developing, implementing and continuously improving a comprehensive on-boarding and orientation program for new employees.
· Oversees Finance staff in preparation, tracking and reporting of payroll.
· Manages employee exit/termination process; conducts or participates in all exit interviews.
· Maintains and updates personnel files.
· Ensures employee evaluations are conducted and documented. Assists supervisors in developing employee goals and systems of evaluation or measurement.
· Manages Health & Welfare benefits; Researches and proposes wellness initiatives and employee perks.
· Maintains log of employee job descriptions and organizational chart.
· Coordinates employee policy and procedure training for safety, sexual harassment, etc., and ensures all documentation is up to date and compliant.
· Coordinates training for supervisors on best practices regarding employee supervision, labor codes, performance management, etc.
· Advises management of changes in federal/state and local laws and regulations relating to employees and the workplace environment.
· Work closely with the Executive Director & CEO to budget annual departmental spending, and monitor such spending to ensure expenses are within the approved budget.
· Establish annual departmental goals and objectives in partnership with the Executive Director & CEO.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the incumbent must be able to do the following: stand for extended periods; sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Specific visual abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to visually inspect work. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
1) Please put “HR Manager Application” in the subject line.
2) All interested applicants should send their resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.