LAUSD Arts Education Branch
Los Angeles, CA
This Informal Request for Proposal (IRFP) is issued to interested proposers for creative industry outreach services under the assumptions that (1) any resulting contract will not exceed $50,000; (2) the final contractual terms and conditions will have no additions, changes, or deletions from the version attached hereto.
The Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) Arts Education Branch (AEB) is soliciting Industry Outreach Liaison proposals for the 2017-18 school year as established by the AEB.
Proposals are due at the Arts Education Branch, 333 S. Beaudry Street, Los Angeles CA 90017, Floor 25-162, no later than 4:00 pm, July 17, 2017, or sent to Rory Pullens, Executive Director of Arts Education at [email protected]
Period of Performance:
August 15, 2017 – June 30, 2018
Statement of Work:
As stated in The Arts Education and Creative Cultural Network Plan (presented to the LAUSD Board of Education in 2013), one of the major goals of the Arts Education Branch is to partner with the Los Angeles arts, entertainment and philanthropic communities to collaboratively support the growth of a robust arts culture in this city. The Industry Outreach Liaison will work with the Arts Education Branch to support several initiatives that align with these goals:
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with major studios, production houses, agencies, foundations and other creative industry partners.
- Coordinating special events, studio tours, career pathway workshops, and other opportunities for partnership between LAUSD and the Creative Industry.
- Facilitating, overseeing and tracking donations (both monetary and material) from various studios and industry partners to LAUSD.
- Acting as a liaison between the AEB and the Creative Industry to streamline communications and inquiries, as well as to help coordinate partnerships.
LAUSD seeks a specialist that provides a suite of capabilities to deliver the above listed outcomes.
That ideal candidate should have the following experience:
- Public Relations
- Fundraising and Development
- Understanding of the Creative Industry (from studios to foundations)
- Familiarity with Schools, Teachers and LAUSD
- Familiarity with Arts Education Programs in general
The scope of work includes:
- Outreach to all potential creative industry partners (studios, foundations, agencies, unions, etc)
- Regular meetings with AEB/LAUSD and Creative Industry Partners (new and existing)
- Coordinating field trips and studio tours for our schools
- Coordinating mentorship opportunities for our students
- Facilitating and tracking donations to the AEB (monetary and material)
Proposal Evaluation Criteria:
Proposals will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
1. Qualifications/Experience of Specialist 50%
2. Relevance to the needs outlined in the Arts Education 25%
and Cultural Network Plan
3. Cost of Proposed Services 25 %
Subject to the provisions herein, the “contract award” will be made to the “highest scored” proposals, with the appropriate consideration given to the evaluation factors stated herein. However, the LAUSD AEB reserves the right to make an award to other than the low cost Proposer.
Proposal Submittal Format:
Proposers shall submit an electronic resume and cover letter in PDF format on or before the July 17, 2017 deadline to Rory Pullens at [email protected].
LAUSD reserves the right to reject a vendor, as non-responsive, regardless of the stage of the procurement process, if there is a failure to successfully negotiate price/fees, statement of work, or a failure of the vendor to satisfy any of the final requirements necessary to do business with the LAUSD.
All communications regarding this IRFP between potential Proposers and the staff of the DISTRICT and consultants engaged by the DISTRICT shall be addressed only to the undersigned. At no time “PRIOR” to the DISTRICT’S Notice of Award shall Proposer(s) contact other DISTRICT officials or personnel regarding this IRFP or any contract(s) to be awarded in response hereto. To do so may subject the Proposer to disqualification.
All questions and requests for information related to this procurement shall be directed to:
Name Rory Pullens, Senior Executive Director of Arts Education
Department Arts Education Branch
Address 333 S. Beaudry Ave., 25-162, L.A., CA 90017
Phone Number 213-241-7502
Fax Number 213-241-8928
E-mail Address [email protected]