Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Chief Information Officer
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
The Southern California Institute of Architecture (SCI-Arc) is seeking a highly motivated and accessible Level 1 IT Tech to support the school’s information technology department. Reporting to the Chief information officer, this position installs, modifies, and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical assistance and training to system users. This position is a great opportunity for someone that wants to be part of a diverse academic community of 500 students, 80+ faculty and 70 staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs hardware and software
- Maintains Computer labs
- Maintains network Printers
- Troubleshoots computer issues
- Responds to help desk requests for assistance on a variety of software/hardware problems
- Instructs users/students in use of equipment, software, and manuals
- Tracks software licenses
- Performs repairs on miscellaneous computer hardware
- Assists in the installation, deployment, and rollout of new hardware/software applications
- Assists network administrator with various duties
- Other duties as assigned by the CIO
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- AA degree or at least 3 years of relevant experience and/or training in computer science; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Desktop computer systems, printers, hardware components, operating system software, Imaging software
- MS Office applications
- PC & Mac platforms
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- General knowledge of various software and hardware components
- Prior network experience is a plus
- A+ certification is a plus
- Must have great customer service skill
We offer a great benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and paid time off.
To apply, please visit our online application system https://my.sciarc.edu/ICS/Employment_Info/
SCI-Arc is an Equal Opportunity Employer that Values Diversity. sciarc.edu
Do you like this post?