Los Angeles, CA
Film Independent is seeking a hard-working team player to join our Institutional Giving team. See below and attached for job description.
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description as of Date: December 5, 2018
Title: Institutional Giving Assistant
(full-time non-exempt + benefits)
Reports to: Director of Institutional Giving
The Institutional Giving Assistant is responsible for all duties related to daily administration as needed by Institutional Giving fundraisers, working directly with foundations, government, NGO’s and individuals that have partnered with Film Independent.
The Institutional Giving Assistant will also be expected to fill a research role, working to maintain accurate constituent contact information and gift tracking within the organization’s database (Raisers Edge).
Institutional Giving Assistant department duties:
- Day to day administrative support to Director of Institutional Giving including calendar/scheduling, expense reports and drafting meeting agendas
- Responsible for maintaining up to date contact information and recent activity for all Institutional Giving partners and prospects in Raisers Edge
- Identify and research prospects using databases and online resources
- Work with program teams and database manager to maintain up to date data in Raisers Edge for the following constituencies: Alumni (Fellows, Spirit Awards Nominees and Winners), Arts Circle Members, donors, volunteers/interns
- Assist with implementation of development events including donor brunches, dinners and receptions in venues and private homes.
- Prepare and send invoices and acknowledgement letters to funders
- Work with Accounting to process and track fundraising revenue and to distribute weekly income reports
- Work with Marketing on creation of materials and updating funders on program related web pages
- Assist with funder stewardship including the creation of the organization’s annual Impact Report
- Writing LOI’s, funding reports and proposals as needed
- Track fulfillment of promised benefits for Arts Circle annual donors and program funders
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Ability to excel in a fast paced, open work environment.
- 1-2 years experience in a non-profit development environment.
- Strong organizational and research skills.
- Strong writing skills (writing samples will be requested and editing skills will be tested)
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge (or similar) fundraising database strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of the film and television industry preferred.
- Ability to work well with other team members, all personalities at various levels.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Reliable and dependable
Flexible schedule, willing to work weekends and evenings as needed
Please send cover letter, resume and a writing sample to: email@example.com