A Noise Within
A Noise Within, one of the nation’s leading regional theatre producers, seeks to fill the position of Institutional Giving Manager (IGM), with a bright and enthusiastic individual. The IGM works closely with the Development Director and Artistic Directors to create multi-year strategies to increase support from institutional funders and achieve the theatre’s strategic and programmatic goals. This position has been fulfilled by a contractor for the past several years and as we grow, the need to have someone in house has become a priority. The IGM will be responsible for promoting A Noise Within’s mission, vision, and goals to current and prospective funders and community partners during an exciting period of growth and opportunity for the theatre. They will lead the theatre’s grant research, writing, data analysis, and reporting efforts, while also supporting organization-wide and development events and initiatives.
A Noise Within is an energetic, fast paced, and creative environment. Qualities and qualifications of a successful candidate:
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well both independently and with others.
- Comfort with deadline management and ability to work effectively and calmly within timelines (short- and very-long-term).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, and 1-2 years’ development experience preferred; background in the performing arts a plus.
- Prior experience with customer relationship management/fundraising database and Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred.
- A Noise Within invests in its employees to grow, and therefore the IGM must have a desire to learn and collaborate.
- The ideal candidate can prioritize multiple simultaneous projects successfully, and can work effectively with trustees, donors, prospects, volunteers, and staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint) required. Evening and weekend availability for performances, opening nights, and patron events are required.
- Develops and writes compelling and impactful letters, proposals, acknowledgements, and other correspondence for submission to foundations, corporations, and government agencies
- With Development Director, stewards existing relationships with funders and research and cultivate new partnerships and opportunities for funding
- Partners with local businesses and corporations to create corporate sponsorship agreements and arrange for in-kind gifts
- Acts as the main contact for the Development Department for funding institutions, etc.
- Supports and helps to lead fundraising efforts and recruitment by researching and analyzing prospects
- Assists with producing all direct mail solicitations and online campaigns
- Maintains ANW’s customer relationship management database ensuring all institutional information and details are current and correct
- Organizes and maintains both electronic and hardcopy filing systems for institutional fundraising
- Manages the calendar of proposal and report deadlines, assuring that funders receive timely submissions
- Provides support for other fundraising projects, including the annual gala event, as directed by the Development Director
- Assists with developing and fulfilling terms of corporate sponsorship agreements
- Maintains budget tracking and processing of invoices and expense reports for grants, etc.
The position is full time, non-exempt, salary range $40,000-43,000 annually DOE, title range Institutional Giving Coordinator-Institutional Giving Manager, plus a generous benefits package including paid health insurance, company-matched benefit savings plan, and paid vacation.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and list of references (3-4) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “IGM Position – Candidate Last Name” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please, no follow up calls. ANW prides itself on fully representing and reflecting the community on stage and in our workforce – candidates of color and diverse backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.